PDA

View Full Version : American Honda lowering springs

racin4te
11-24-2002, 10:09 PM
I saw an add for lowering springs that honda makes, and I'm kinda looking into those cuz, cuz some after market springs get bouncy andI hate that, most of my other cars ended up bouncy and uncomfortable, so who ever has info on them tell me

goy091
11-25-2002, 02:09 AM
well the reason your other cars got boucny with just aftermarket springs is because you didnt have more aggressive aftermarket shocks that could handle the springs. as far as the honda opt lowering springs, i dont know too much about. maybe post a link to where you saw them at.

racin4te
11-25-2002, 12:14 PM
ay man I saw the add in a magazine, the back page the add replicates the fast and the furious poster, but yeah what kind of aggresive shocks U suggest, I might just go with eibachs because, my brother had a nissan and the eibachs handled real well,

Jdmk20
11-25-2002, 12:55 PM
I don't know how agressive of a stance you are looking for, but Honda lowering springs problablly will not drop your car as much as you would want. I had the Eibach sportline springs on my car and it lowered the car about 1.5" all the way around, and that was not enough even with 18" wheels. I will post a pic of my car with the wheels and the springs. I now have Tein type flex suspension on my car and that lowered the car about 4" all the way around and it looks perfect. I will have new pics of the car with the new suspension soon so email me if you want to see what it looks like.:)

Jdmk20
11-25-2002, 01:17 PM
pic

tkm
11-25-2002, 01:40 PM
I've seen those springs. They lower your car 1".

Actually, I did not see an Si application, only Civic Coupe. Your Honda dealer should have a brochure on them.

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 04:10 PM
thats the main problem. any "factory" lowering spring only lowers it an inch or so at best