PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Rear Height

SIMONKEY
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
So I've had the Mugen SS kit on my EP since late 2004ish and I've recently noticed that the driver's side rear sits slightly lower than the passenger side rear. Has anyone experienced this? What could be causing it and how should I correct it? The kit is non-adjustable so is anything broken? Everything seems to be fine when I'm under it poking around.

Thanks!

darkunitzero
08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I believe spring sagging is a pretty common thing. i dont think you can do anything about it short of buying new springs.

v1c10us
08-14-2008, 05:24 PM
theres more weight on the drivers side so It wouldnt be too absurd to assume that would cause it.
Come to think of it my car is the same way and my springs are only a week old

mustclime
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
You are a total fatass and you crushed you springs!...... J/K:tehehe:

If it were me, I would park the car on a very flat spot and take mesuerments at the 4 jacking points ( those reenforced areas on the bottom of the car) and see if the ds rear is really saging.

v1c10us
08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
You are a total fatass and you crushed you springs!...... J/K:tehehe:

If it were me, I would park the car on a very flat spot and take mesuerments at the 4 jacking points ( those reenforced areas on the bottom of the car) and see if the ds rear is really saging.

also try measuring from the center of the rim to the fender and if they are the same from the center of the rim to the fender but different from the ground to the jacking point that means your tire is less inflated.

SIMONKEY
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Well I weigh 155 on normal day, but I do spend most of my time driving alone. The fender gap is about one finger less on the driver side. I guess I should check the front height too. It just seems strange since the majority of the weight is in the front. The tire pressure is definitely the same on both sides.

When I get the chance I'll take measurements at the jacking points all around. Thanks for the help!

mustclime
08-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Well I weigh 155 on normal day, but I do spend most of my time driving alone. The fender gap is about one finger less on the driver side. I guess I should check the front height too. It just seems strange since the majority of the weight is in the front. The tire pressure is definitely the same on both sides.

When I get the chance I'll take measurements at the jacking points all around. Thanks for the help!

1) never talk about fender gap to me......ever. Thats just ricer talk. fyi, I bet my fingers are thicker than yours so why use them as a unit of mesurement?
2) take a mesurement from the jacking points, they are your unibody. The fenders are just biult up on te unibody and beleive it or not, there are preduction differances on our car.....they were built in the uk and it could have been a good day at the pub when your car was built:tehehe:

SIMONKEY
08-15-2008, 09:10 AM
1) never talk about fender gap to me......ever. Thats just ricer talk. fyi, I bet my fingers are thicker than yours so why use them as a unit of mesurement?
2) take a mesurement from the jacking points, they are your unibody. The fenders are just biult up on te unibody and beleive it or not, there are preduction differances on our car.....they were built in the uk and it could have been a good day at the pub when your car was built:tehehe:

Hey, thanks for chastising me about fender gap. Wouldn't want to appear "ricer". I mention it because that's how I noticed the difference. As for my fingers, who cares? I just wanted to give a rough estimate of how much one side appears off from the other. Would the actual measurement make that much difference in the answer to my question?

mustclime
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey, thanks for chastising me about fender gap. Wouldn't want to appear "ricer". I mention it because that's how I noticed the difference. As for my fingers, who cares? I just wanted to give a rough estimate of how much one side appears off from the other. Would the actual measurement make that much difference in the answer to my question?

no, we are talking suspension, the suspension is bolted to the floor pan, thus you want the hight of the floor pan is off the ground. Your car could have been hit at some point and you do not know about it....the spring could have been damaged, with 4 years road under them, It might be time to replace or upgrade. All I an saying is, If you are going to take mesurements, do it the way a honda tech would.:mwink:

civiCholo
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
hahahaha... musty ftmfw... this foo knows his shit...

SPAM&RICE
08-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Make sure the foam spacer on the damper rod is not squashed or uneven from side to side. that will make a big difference my .02