PDA

View Full Version : Shocks/Springs for a picky fiance...

Kanzen Taichou
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Well... Here's the story:
My fiance at first didn't mind how the shocks feel because I told her the EP is a sports-type car, she calls it my "racer car". Now that we have a 2 month old she is getting really annoying with her annoyance of how stiff the suspension is... So my quandry is that I would like to find a suspension setup that I wouild be able to keep the sporty feel but also have that luxury ride. I was thinking about Tein Super Street combined with the EDFC. I would like some input about this. Thanx EP Hatchers!!!

Zzyzx
08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
aint going to happen.

the EP3's stock suspension frequency is about 1.6hz front and 1.8Hz rear. Luxury cars average in the 1 to 1.4 Hz. (Sports cars average ~2Hz)

so, to get that soft feel, you're going to have to run springs that are softer then the OEM ones.

And to do that, you'd need to go with Liniar springs that are longer (because they will already compress more with the weight of the car then the oem ones).

You could go with smaller wheels and Taller tires... but any sport damper you buy is going to be stiffer then oem, and pretty much any spring you buy is also going to be stiffer, if not about the same.

EPSU3
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
just tell her you were wrong about the sporty thing and you drive a small minivan

darkunitzero
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
id listen to zzyzx, he knows his shit. like what zzyzx said, you probably wont find anything better than oem without some pretty big trade offs.

v1c10us
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
you can always get the EM tein s-techs which are way softer than stock
also d-specs on super soft is like a caddy, bounce bounce bounce.