PDA

View Full Version : Ive given up on my EP

dashehonda
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Its been like 2 and a half months, I dont want to let her go, but i must. My brother has deliberately wasted time getting the financing to buy the house so the estate can finally been closed. The lawyer keeps giving him extensions, but i tell them its a waste of your time. It was supposed to be done in june, its now the middle of august and im pissed to high hell.

I was talking to a guy at my work. He actually works for a repo company and he said after a car is repo'd you wouldnt want it back anyways. They beat the shit out of cars there, cause its not theirs so they dont have to fix it. Plus they look at the cars like the owners are deadbeats, so its not like they can afford to get them back. Its not the case in my position, but i still cant afford to get it back. So im letting go no matter how much it sux, especially with all the sweet stuff i had on it.

Im moving on though to better things. Hopefully when the house is settled i can get enough to buy a decent car again.

Ive looked at these a while back before i got the EP, but at the time (2004) they were hard to find since they were only made in 2003. Yeah the stock power is kinda wimpy, (170 HP/160 TQ) But they look good, and with a few mods they are beasts. Im gonna try to stay away from already modded ones, but its hard to find a virgin mazdaspeed anything.
This color too:mbiggrin:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=247646273&dealer_id=62914077&car_year=2003&model=PROTE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1987&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=MAZDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44149&advanced=&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=101&rdpage=thumb

Call me a trader, but since im 24, it would be a good "Having a kid" car too since its 4 doors. Plus with the turbo, it can be a great diaper getter:mconfused:

Strife
08-14-2008, 12:58 PM
So your EP got repo'd because of your brother or something? Little unclear as to whats up, but it sounds like it sucks.

Rep
08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm confused by your post, but mazdaspeed Proteges handle insanely good.

dashehonda
08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
So your EP got repo'd because of your brother or something? Little unclear as to whats up, but it sounds like it sucks.

I had bad credit, i had to get it in my dads name to buy it. He passed, they repod the car cause my brother kicked my out of the house and I had to get a apartment. I had to decide on paying the rent or the car payment, so i faulted. Its kinda my fault, but the lawyer is supposed to look after all the assets, and since it was in my dads name, it was an asset.

dashehonda
08-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm confused by your post, but mazdaspeed Proteges handle insanely good.

I posted about this crap with my brother months ago, but time passes and people forget. :mfrown:

civictype_r04
08-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I posted about this crap with my brother months ago, but time passes and people forget. :mfrown:

I remember that post I was wondering what you were going to do. Sucks you lost the EP but nice pick up the MP3's are nice car. Keep us posted on what you do.:mwink:

icarus.na
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
can you at least take the parts off the car and try to get some money back?

i dont think they're know the diff if some things were missing here and there... =)

NitroBoarder
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I remember the post about when your EP got repo'd b/c your brother kicked you out. rent>car payment, no one will argue over that. it is too bad, but it looks like you will get a very fun and tuner friendly car.

and repo places keep ish on lockdown. maybe if you slipped the guy working when you go there some cash he may let you take some parts off the car. but I wouldn't suggest sneaking in.

eloist2
08-14-2008, 04:16 PM
a car is a car...they come and go.

dont sweat it. good luck man...but again...its just a car.

the speed proteges are dope tho... good choice.

gettheledout
08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
ehhhh maybe not buy such a nice car this time? bad credit....

steadydpn1
08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
sorry to hear that bruh.... btw... delasoul is dope!!...

EggShellSi
08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I love the way the Mazdaspeed proteges look, it can be a killer sleeper :mtongue:

na14yu
08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I remember this story from before EPHatch crashed. Sorry to hear that this is still going on and you have to let the EP go.

Good luck....hope you get back on your feet with the car situation soon!

I was intrigued too by the Mazdaspeed Protege and actually test drove an orange one about a year before I bought my EP3. I thought it was okay for what it is, but there are some downsides:

The transmission was just so-so, and being a Honda guy spoiled by the best shifting action in the world, the tranny snob in me just couldn't deal with the Mazdaspeed one. I also wasn't impressed by the interior where the interior materials and seat fabric seemed of lower quality than the EP3.

On the plus side, as you already mentioned it's factory turbocharged and plus it has four doors so that's cool.

Passenger
08-14-2008, 11:10 PM
damn. Good luck with everything man

LAZARUS
08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Its been like 2 and a half months, I dont want to let her go, but i must. My brother has deliberately wasted time getting the financing to buy the house so the estate can finally been closed. The lawyer keeps giving him extensions, but i tell them its a waste of your time. It was supposed to be done in june, its now the middle of august and im pissed to high hell.

I was talking to a guy at my work. He actually works for a repo company and he said after a car is repo'd you wouldnt want it back anyways. They beat the shit out of cars there, cause its not theirs so they dont have to fix it. Plus they look at the cars like the owners are deadbeats, so its not like they can afford to get them back. Its not the case in my position, but i still cant afford to get it back. So im letting go no matter how much it sux, especially with all the sweet stuff i had on it.

Im moving on though to better things. Hopefully when the house is settled i can get enough to buy a decent car again.

Ive looked at these a while back before i got the EP, but at the time (2004) they were hard to find since they were only made in 2003. Yeah the stock power is kinda wimpy, (170 HP/160 TQ) But they look good, and with a few mods they are beasts. Im gonna try to stay away from already modded ones, but its hard to find a virgin mazdaspeed anything.
This color too:mbiggrin:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=247646273&dealer_id=62914077&car_year=2003&model=PROTE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1987&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=MAZDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44149&advanced=&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=101&rdpage=thumb

Call me a trader, but since im 24, it would be a good "Having a kid" car too since its 4 doors. Plus with the turbo, it can be a great diaper getter:mconfused:

having kids at 24,man...talk about kids having kids:mwink: do what ya gotta do man,good luck

dashehonda
08-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I really dont want to stray away from my honda Love, so im on the fence about either the mazdaspeed protoge, bug eye WRX, or a comparable type of car.

But i just found the car ive wanted ever since i knew anything about japanese cars. (thank you so much Gran Turismo 1). Ive loved the final body style Prelude for along time, its just hard to find a low mile clean one. They still look sleek today:mcool: Ive read many reviews of people who own one(Type SH), Everyone says they love it, and most of them said that their only regret with the car is that Honda stopped making them. Lots of people want honda to make another one in the future, but I doubt it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=244100855&dealer_id=62562347&car_year=1998&model=PRE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44149&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=18000&cardist=116&rdpage=thumb

I would buy it tomorow if the lawyer would push my brother to give me my half of the house's worth already. Its beautiful:leghump:

Its just, does this one seem right for that price with a JDM H motor in it? I figured with the shape its in, the actual mileage (88,000), and the few very nice mods, that it would be much higher. Stock SH's with that mileage are still pulling 12-13k.

Psykoasn
08-15-2008, 09:03 PM
yeah i remember your story, your douch bag brother should get a kick in the face, sorry about your dad, but yeah it's just a car time to move on and you are moving onto a pretty good car

jjermzz
08-16-2008, 02:16 PM
then preludes are tiny in the back. But they are nasty. They should starts swapping K's in those things.

D3xn2o
08-16-2008, 02:22 PM
hey dude this user : sscott0203 is looking for you he says he's the new owner of your ep.... Wants to ask you stuff hit him up he posted right under this thread...

Kodeen
08-16-2008, 02:25 PM
If I was going to go back to Honda, it would be with a Prelude, they're great cars. But it wouldn't be with that one, too modded for my tastes. If you do get the BB6, consider if you're going to mod it or not. If you're going to leave it stock, then an SH would be fine, but if you're going to mod it that SH transmission is going to become very limiting very fast.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

jalep3
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I really dont want to stray away from my honda Love, so im on the fence about either the mazdaspeed protoge, bug eye WRX, or a comparable type of car.

But i just found the car ive wanted ever since i knew anything about japanese cars. (thank you so much Gran Turismo 1). Ive loved the final body style Prelude for along time, its just hard to find a low mile clean one. They still look sleek today:mcool: Ive read many reviews of people who own one(Type SH), Everyone says they love it, and most of them said that their only regret with the car is that Honda stopped making them. Lots of people want honda to make another one in the future, but I doubt it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=244100855&dealer_id=62562347&car_year=1998&model=PRE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44149&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=18000&cardist=116&rdpage=thumb

I would buy it tomorow if the lawyer would push my brother to give me my half of the house's worth already. Its beautiful:leghump:

Its just, does this one seem right for that price with a JDM H motor in it? I figured with the shape its in, the actual mileage (88,000), and the few very nice mods, that it would be much higher. Stock SH's with that mileage are still pulling 12-13k.

Wow thats in really good shape, you should buy it! I think the price is about right, it is a 98 after all.

abstract
08-16-2008, 02:31 PM
that sux .. sorry to hear about your dad but manage your money well, mabye a 10k car with bad credit isnt the best thing right now considering u have a kid and all. Married? save up for a house! get the honda u want later.

Build up that credit and pay off all your bills and debt!! your gonna need it