PDA

View Full Version : Fender Flares? or Rolled Fenders?

RJEP
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I was wondering if I should purchase the fender flares that Moonsi has or should I Roll my fenders with the Fender Roller everyone has been talking about? I like how Moonsi's ep looks, but kinda don't like the screws/bolts that are used for the fender flares.

I still have my 13 "Rota RB's that I had on my CRX. Sold the CRX, and the rims have been sitting in storage. Didn't get a chance to take pics of them on my CRX. The tires on them are really thick, but they looked good on my CRX, becasue the fenders were rolled. Looks funny on the Ep. Like those lowrider cars..lol... Just picture them with fender flares or rolled fenders.

RJEP
08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I think I will just sell these rims and purchase some 17". Saving for a paint job after I get my new bumper and side skirts.

yipyipyip
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
god that yellow thing is hideous...:tehehyper:

yipyipyip
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
any pics of the whole car with em on?

RJEP
08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
any pics of the whole car with em on?

No sorry. I only placed them on the right side to see how they looked. I will take more pics this weekend. The problem is I need extended lug nuts because the hole sockets is too deep. My cross wrench will not reach our stock bolts on them.

Hers another pics from the front. My bumper is messed up on that side. It looks off because again I couldn't tighten it with my stock lug nuts.

MugenReplica
08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
One piece of advice.....DO NOT BUY the fender flares that Moonsi has.

I've been waiting since Oct. 2007 for my set.:mrolleyes:

If you like making lots of calls, being ignored, and generally like being pissed off, then more power to you. I'll give you the guys number personally.

Kerby
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm surprised nobody has make a replica of those. I would be interested in running a set and getting them painted. I want to go wide.

civicSIracer
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
buy wheels that fit your car.

civictype_r04
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Those wheels are ugly man.

Dons03EP3
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll bet those looked good on your CRX. If you decide to sell and you want to ship let me know. I might be interested for my REX. Don't put them on the EP though. Looks too odd.

MugenReplica
08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm surprised nobody has make a replica of those. I would be interested in running a set and getting them painted. I want to go wide.

There have only ever been two sets available. Right now its looking like that is how it will end up. Seriously, I've waited almost a YEAR waiting for these things.:mrolleyes: I've been lied to, ignored, pissed off and generally annoyed as hell on a daily basis because of these.

To settle this thread once and for all, do any of you know who to even buy these from? If not then you are out of luck. Another ephatcher has 10 sets of these on order to sell, but he is in the same boat as me. As soon as he gets these, then he'll start selling them to the Ephatch general public.

Last thing about fender flares, you have to completely cut a few inches out of your rear fenders. So this is a PERMANENT modification to your car. You can't take these off if you don't like the way they look without replacing the whole rear quarter panel.

*If you want fender flares, buy some of the aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber 260-280zx flares and modify them for the Ep3. In all honesty, I bet it won't take too much work to get them to work on our car.

RJEP
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
One piece of advice.....DO NOT BUY the fender flares that Moonsi has.

I've been waiting since Oct. 2007 for my set.:mrolleyes:

If you like making lots of calls, being ignored, and generally like being pissed off, then more power to you. I'll give you the guys number personally.

Yeah. I have never seen anyone else with those flares. Maybe Moonsi has it in good with the seller.

RJEP
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I'll bet those looked good on your CRX. If you decide to sell and you want to ship let me know. I might be interested for my REX. Don't put them on the EP though. Looks too odd.

Kinda agree. I don't think they will be going on the ep. Had those rims posted on craigslist awhile back, but no response for them. Maybe if I pick up another CRX. Hanv't seen anyone with 13" rims on before. Don't think I will be shipping them. These rims w/tires are heavy as hell. oh well. I still may end up rolling my fenders. Thanks for everyones inputs.

Kerby
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
*If you want fender flares, buy some of the aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber 260-280zx flares and modify them for the Ep3. In all honesty, I bet it won't take too much work to get them to work on our car.

I've thought about going this route, but like you said... once you start the dark path of the dark side, there's no turning back.

MugenReplica
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah. I have never seen anyone else with those flares. Maybe Moonsi has it in good with the seller.

All I'm going to say is good luck then. You'd be better off talking to Jim, he'll have the next few sets made. Well that's after the guy at the company stops screwing with him.

RJEP
08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
All I'm going to say is good luck then. You'd be better off talking to Jim, he'll have the next few sets made. Well that's after the guy at the company stops screwing with him.

Maybe you should create a replica....

Hows the daily driven Mugen cf lip I sold you?

MugenReplica
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe you should create a replica....

Hows the daily driven Mugen cf lip I sold you?

I've already been thinking.....:mangel:

Lol one word.....woodchuck.:mconfused:

RJEP
08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I've already been thinking.....:mangel:

Lol one word.....woodchuck.:mconfused:

lol... kinda regret it. I know it was a little beat up, but once painted it will look fine. looking for a front lip now. I did that cheap garage door lip. only cost me $9 and about an hour of my time. happy with it for now but looking for a new bumper and lip. (bumper is cracked)

thanks for the input regarding the flares. i'm gonna pass on them. Not just because they are hard to find, but i never knew you have to cut a portion of the rear fender. I thought it was already bad with those screws on them, that you would have holes on your fenders if you decide to take them off. Those can always be filled, sanded and painted. But cutting will just mess up the ep completely.

Maybe you can create replicas that will require double sided tape, or the sticky clips used for the side skirts to avoid screwing on the front of the fenders. just a thought.