PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with DEPO Replicas.

IcyDeath
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm not very happy with my DEPO CTR Replica headlights. Before my accident I had stock 03-04 headlights with blue Eurolight 9005/9006 bulbs (whichever was lowbeam, I forget). They were both bright, looked like expensive HID and had a effective beam pattern illuminating what I needed to see and more.

The DEPO lights when I first installed them I put just the cheap Sylv. H1 bulbs in and it seemed to produce only what I can describe as a backwards "L" for the light pattern. The passenger side light is shooting off way to the right side of the road and the driver side light is also doing so, thus not illuminating the driver side and any turns or what not that may be coming up until it's too close.

I'll try getting pics up... Any idea what this is? I switched the bulbs to Slyv. H1 Silverstars tonight, and no help, it's just slightly brighter - but not near as bright or cool blue as the old eurolite bulbs. =(

Never mind the pic it looks fine on the camera but you can't tell jack when I loaded it to my PC... It's cuz no flash, but otherwise I'd not be able to show you guys..grrr.

musashi1219
08-14-2008, 07:07 PM
dumb question and idk if I will offend you, but you did try adjusting the headlights correct? they are adjustable up and down as well as left and right. oh and silver stars suck balls. get some regular bulbs and they will last much longer

D3xn2o
08-14-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not very happy with my DEPO CTR Replica headlights. Before my accident I had stock 03-04 headlights with blue Eurolight 9005/9006 bulbs (whichever was lowbeam, I forget). They were both bright, looked like expensive HID and had a effective beam pattern illuminating what I needed to see and more.

The DEPO lights when I first installed them I put just the cheap Sylv. H1 bulbs in and it seemed to produce only what I can describe as a backwards "L" for the light pattern. The passenger side light is shooting off way to the right side of the road and the driver side light is also doing so, thus not illuminating the driver side and any turns or what not that may be coming up until it's too close.

I'll try getting pics up... Any idea what this is? I switched the bulbs to Slyv. H1 Silverstars tonight, and no help, it's just slightly brighter - but not near as bright or cool blue as the old eurolite bulbs. =(

Did you even try to Aim them?

Cause my light pattern is perfect... no Issues at all I love them

D3xn2o
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
dumb question and idk if I will offend you, but you did try adjusting the headlights correct? they are adjustable up and down as well as left and right. oh and silver stars suck balls. get some regular bulbs and they will last much longer

LOL I asked the same thing....

Like he said they can be adjusted both up down and left right

v1c10us
08-14-2008, 07:12 PM
they are ingeneral not that great if you are talking about the projector replicas, the reflector 02-03 replicas should be just fine.
You can retrofit the tsx HID projectors into it perfectly with no cutting or anything, the holes line up, etc.

IcyDeath
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
No I am totally not offended, because I didn't install them. It was after an accident and my Grandfather's body shop did and they are old guys that don't know jack (didn't even know wtf CF hood was 'til I had them put one on).

So how are they aimable? I did try and move the bulb itself, but it only will move so much and thus still clip in securely. I also tried to move around the bulb once it was secure in and the rubber weather seal was around the socket. It just moves back to where it was.

I'm guessing you mean I can somehow adjust the projector lens? If so this requires taking the head light assembly off again, right?

D3xn2o
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM

ohhh and I agree with the silver stars i hate them... but they will do for a few more months till i do the TSX Retro fit I saw that its a straight foward swap just bolts right up so Im down

thisisagame24
08-14-2008, 07:15 PM
get rid of the shitty halogen projectors that are in there and get some tsx projectors...and you will be a million times happier

oldschoolimport
08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
ohhh and I agree with the silver stars i hate them... but they will do for a few more months till they melt the headlight sockets.

fixed...

musashi1219
08-14-2008, 07:29 PM
fixed...
thanks wes, u save me the time

JDMtunerEP3
08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
There should be a hex or torx bolt on the housing of the light.

Tighten or loosen to aim them to your desire.

And not to be a jerk as well but your grandfather may want to hire some new young guys to replace the old ones!

I work in a shop and it's standard that any time a headlight is taken out or replaced that it is re-aimed.

Hope you figure it out though bro!

rspjean
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
if anything u could stop at an autozone or something and im sure they wouldnt mind helping you out.

thisisagame24
08-14-2008, 08:35 PM
if anything u could stop at an autozone or something and im sure they wouldnt mind helping you out.

haha....sorry but i try to avoid the help from anyone in autozone or pepboys.....nothing but a bunch of speds that work in them .....maybe its just the NE ones....but holy hell they are retarded.....i had a fight with the guy over the correct light bulb size... it got to the point where i brought him out to the car and show him that he was wrong haha

if the answer isnt in their computers then they have no idea. and half the time their comps are wrong

rspjean
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
haha....sorry but i try to avoid the help from anyone in autozone or pepboys.....nothing but a bunch of speds that work in them .....maybe its just the NE ones....but holy hell they are retarded.....i had a fight with the guy over the correct light bulb size... it got to the point where i brought him out to the car and show him that he was wrong haha

if the answer isnt in their computers then they have no idea. and half the time their comps are wrong

lol yea ive had a couple guys who were pretty dumb but alot of them know their stuff. maybe its just were i live. still wouldn't hurt to try if all else fails.

thisisagame24
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
lol yea ive had a couple guys who were pretty dumb but alot of them know their stuff. maybe its just were i live. still wouldn't hurt to try if all else fails.

troofs

IcyDeath
08-14-2008, 08:42 PM

There is one Advance Auto that has a knowledgeable guy near me. Still, I'll prob just end up doing it myself, I just didn't know it was adjustable because I never looked until after I was told to come get my car during the day time... After that I thought it was the less than $5.00 bulbs that had been put in. Now I know and will fix it up.

rspjean
08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
There is one Advance Auto that has a knowledgeable guy near me. Still, I'll prob just end up doing it myself, I just didn't know it was adjustable because I never looked until after I was told to come get my car during the day time... After that I thought it was the less than $5.00 bulbs that had been put in. Now I know and will fix it up.

koo

D3xn2o
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
fixed...

yea yea that too... I dont drive my car regardless soooooo should last longer then you'd expect... Cash is kinda non existent right now soooo Them TSX pro's will need to go in a little later in the year...

plus i got the silver stars for Free... :mtongue: