PDA

View Full Version : JRSC Question????

riceboy075
08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I have a question about the pulley upgrade. If I upgrade to a 3.7 pulley kit is there anything that I have to watch out for like over boosting etc...........

02EP3SI
08-14-2008, 07:15 PM
well, you dont really have that chance of overboosting with a S/C all depends on exhaust restrictions and crank pulley size.

as long as your tuned for it.. you should be ok.

thisisagame24
08-15-2008, 12:24 AM
it should be ok....there have been a few cases of the shaft snapping due to smaller pullies.

and the more it spins the hotter it gets. i would def get it tuned asap though

02EP3SI
08-15-2008, 03:01 AM
I built one for a k20a2 running a 2.6 inch pulley.. Its running fine. Even went through 10 hours of dyno and street tuning. LOL

4angrybadgers
08-15-2008, 05:18 AM
I have a question about the pulley upgrade. If I upgrade to a 3.7 pulley kit is there anything that I have to watch out for like over boosting etc...........

The SC speed is limited by engine speed, and with a 3.7" pulley you're within the safe zone. If you have the entire stock exhaust (including the cat) I have a feeling you'll exceed the stock MAP sensor's range (10.5psi I think), but if you have a race header or test pipe it should flow enough to keep the pressure down.

Like thisisagame24 said, heat will be an issue. Get it dyno tuned ASAP.

I built one for a k20a2 running a 2.6 inch pulley.. Its running fine. Even went through 10 hours of dyno and street tuning. LOL

Different crank pulley size.

02EP3SI
08-15-2008, 08:49 AM
The SC speed is limited by engine speed, and with a 3.7" pulley you're within the safe zone. If you have the entire stock exhaust (including the cat) I have a feeling you'll exceed the stock MAP sensor's range (10.5psi I think), but if you have a race header or test pipe it should flow enough to keep the pressure down.

Like thisisagame24 said, heat will be an issue. Get it dyno tuned ASAP.

Different crank pulley size.

I know its a different crank pulley size.. But if you knew how much boost was made on an a2 with a 2.6 inch pulley then you would see what i was getting at with blower RPM and shaft breakage. Im running 13-15 psi with h2o/meth injection on an a2 and blower is fine:meek:

wishbear
08-16-2008, 05:34 PM
tighten the belt check everyday