PDA

View Full Version : Car Won't Start : Battery Issue?

stratwielder
08-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Ok, so it's 1:30 A.M. when I leave my friends house and go into my car. I try to start the car, but it won't start. It's not like the stuttering crap, it completely doesn't try to start. So I try it again and I get the same response. So I'm like, %#$@, it's late as $@&^ and my car won't start. I tried turning the steering wheel left and right then trying to start the car, but that didn't work either. So then I call my bro and he comes and jumps my car. Then my car turns on. We leave it running for awhile and then I go home.

My question is : Is my battery dead?

I'm still using the original battery and I'm at 51,000 miles, roughly. When I bought the car about 3 months ago, I took the battery out and put some distilled water in it cause the little status light on the battery wasn't on. Even after I put the distilled water in, the little status light didn't turn on. However, the car started just fine, without any stuttering or anything.

I have 6000k H.I.D's and I don't blast my radio or have some aftermarket sound system. I didn't leave my lights on either. I'm completely stumped as to why it didn't start. Like I said though, when I tried to turn it on, it didn't even try to start, all I heard was a little click replacing the usual engine start.

Oh yeah, when my brother came he first tried the steering wheel thing too, but he also turned on my headlights, ac, and warning lights. The lights and everything were bright but my radio didn't turn on.

Please help. :mfrown:

2004ep3hatch
08-15-2008, 04:02 AM
i would have to say the battery is done. that happend to me as well. as soon as i got a jump the car would run fine then i turn it off it it will never start up again. the battery can't handle a load anymore it seems to me. just a get a gell battery from stinger. i hear they are great. i have a optima but member "vegass10" i think thats his name says stinger is way better. he dose store comp.

thats if your battery is done. have it tested at a advanced auto.

stratwielder
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I tried to start the car again this morning and it didn't start. I'm going to bring the battery to pep boys or something tomorrow.

wishbear
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
did it make any noise when you try to start like that crank?

stratwielder
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
No, all it did was make a click. I tried it a few more times with a 15 second interval, but all it did was make the same little click again.

Tnhatch03
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
check battery/alternator/fuses/ground/spark plugs.

makavelibranded
08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
clicking is a dead battery, ive had plenty. Any recent elecrical work? if not probly the battery

side note, everytime a battery dies it can damage it and lower the capacity

talonXracer
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
New battery time

stratwielder
08-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Never had any electrical work done to the car, unless you count the H.I.D's.

na14yu
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I had this same exact thing about a month ago with 51k miles on a 05 EP3 purchased in August 2005.

Drove it to work, parked, and went to start it at the end of the day and all it did was click. Got a jump, drove it home, parked it, put the battery tender on overnight. In the morning the battery tender was on green, so I unplug it, go to start the car and it's still dead.

Picked up a new Honda battery at the dealer, I swapped out the battery and I was good to go after that.

stratwielder
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Yup, just got a new battery and all is well. Thanks for the input guys.

wishbear
08-16-2008, 01:44 AM
does it work now?