PDA

View Full Version : quick 1. 2.

redronin22
11-25-2002, 12:45 AM
two things
first: when you drag race on a strip do u really need 4 good pairs of tires or are two front ones good enough?

second: when you lower a car, is it better to get new shocks since the lowered car will apply more load on the suspension?

goy091
11-25-2002, 02:07 AM
hey wuts up, ill reply to ur thread cuz no one else is, i hate that about this site.

1. dont know, dont drage race, but logic would tell me a pair for the front is good enough. look at all the pros who run the big fat slicks up front and the skinnies in the rear

2. yes it is always better to lowere the car with a set of aftermarket shocks with your new springs. the only problem is that there isnt a whole lot out there made for our cars so people have just been putting the stock shocks with their springs.'

hope that helps!

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by redronin22
two things
first: when you drag race on a strip do u really need 4 good pairs of tires or are two front ones good enough?

second: when you lower a car, is it better to get new shocks since the lowered car will apply more load on the suspension?

You really only need a set of drag radials mounted on some crappy wheels at the strip.

Yes, it's always better to get shocks done at the same time as springs. Unless you're installing them yourself, it'll save you on install prices. (Doing it twice after the shocks blow.)

Steve

EP33
11-25-2002, 10:32 AM
Yeah what they said. On my previous 96 Accord I had a chance to try out stock shocks with Sprint springs. Stock shocks are very very very weak. Sprint springs with Tokico (non-adj) shocks much better and not at all bouncy compared to stock shocks. H&R sport springs with Tokico shocks, higher height better ride. My final set up on the Accord was H&R O.E. Sport Springs .75 inch drop with Bilstien (Fat ass Yellow)Shocks. Not as low but handled and drove the best. Not to mention Bilstein's LIFETIME WARRANTY. Bilsteins are no joke, automatically adjust depending on how fast they are asked to dampen motion. I could drive over dips and speedbumps without slowing down very much. Real tight. I am waiting for Bilstein to come out with a shock of the EP3.;)