PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What This Is?

rspjean
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
when i got my car it brought a viper alarm system so im guessing the one on the left is a siren but whats the thing on the right ? it seems to have a key hole for some reason is it something i need or is it something useless like the neon lights i found when i was cleaning it for the first time lol.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/daredevil3six/DSCN1518.jpg

black_02_si
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
It looks to be a backup battery siren. I don't know why they would have both installed.

makavelibranded
08-15-2008, 03:54 PM
idk about the right the left for sure is the siren

:tehehyper: at neon lights, could have been alot worse

rspjean
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
It looks to be a backup battery siren. I don't know why they would have both installed.

yea man you're right i unscrewed it to see if it had a serial number or something on the other side and its a viper 515r backup battery siren so i guess it stays

idk about the right the left for sure is the siren

:tehehyper: at neon lights, could have been alot worse

lol when i was washing my car and i saw the neon light bart i was like OMG I HOPE THIS SHIT HASNT TURNED ON WHILE I WAS DRIVING! and ripped it out lol

VegaS10
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
It is a backup siren.

If the theif was to cut power to the car, the siren on the right would continue to play until it's own battery dies.

You need a key to turn it off.

lleron
08-15-2008, 06:25 PM
If the thief was to cut power to the car wouldn't he have the hood open...right where there would be access to the backup battery wires that could be cut also..? :confused:

Doesn't seem very effective to me.

Chad
08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
If the thief was to cut power to the car wouldn't he have the hood open...right where there would be access to the backup battery wires that could be cut also..? :confused:

Some thieves can work pretty damn quick..... and some car's electrical can be disabled from crawling underneath or removing an inner fender ;)

MR.Pizza
08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
If the wires to it are cut it will sound and there is no way to deactivate it without the key short of shooting it with a 12 gauge. It's self powered.

VegaS10
08-16-2008, 04:55 AM

Did you not read my own post right before yours?

It has it's OWN battery BUILT IN.

Those sirens are vert strong. You can wail on them with a hammer and they still go.

rspjean
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Did you not read my own post right before yours?

It has it's OWN battery BUILT IN.

Those sirens are vert strong. You can wail on them with a hammer and they still go.

i had my hood open and it went off ( my alarm is extremely sensitive) and i thought i was going to die from how loud that thing is. my head was pounding for like 20 mins after that

makavelibranded
08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
the main siren is extremly loud idk about the backup, and its supposed to go off if anything is opened, as for someone with a loud exhaust or system setting it off just lower the sensitivity

wishbear
08-16-2008, 01:38 PM
alarm siren?

VegaS10
08-16-2008, 07:14 PM
alarm siren?

Thank GOD you showed up...lol

makavelibranded
08-17-2008, 11:58 AM
:rofl:

musashi1219
08-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank GOD you showed up...lol

haha

in case you did not believe him it is a battery back up siren with its own independent power source aka an internal battery.

Excuse them, sometimes they need to hear the same thing several times before they catch on.

for example. "my drivers door lock does not work what is wrong with my car"

answer "your door lock actuator is bad"

ten pages later O.P. says "guys bump for answers"