PDA

View Full Version : Alternator won't top up for the sub

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
08-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Can someone help me with my electrical problem? My car has a very often problem where the voltage drops to 12.75 with the car running and its causing my deck to skip because it doesn't have enough juice to run the bad boy. The voltage will jump to 14.25 if turn on the fan or rear defroster. Is there a way to get the car to stay at 14.25? The sub runs perfectly when its at 14.25

Chad
08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
You can thank honda for this, it's a feature called ELD.

james04si
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
acutally it seems like there is an issue with the receiver. A cars voltage will fluctuate from 12v to 14.4v. Its just the way a cars charging system will function. The only time I have issues is when my amps were pulling more power than my charging system could handle. Once the battery hit 10.7v without fail my headunit would shut down and then turn back on a few seconds later. (A defenite sign that a charging system upgrade was needed)

Chad
08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
If the charge voltage jumps upon activating high draw items then it is most certainly the ELD issue.

The ELD device does NOT detect battery charge loading or accessories connected directly to the battery.

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
If the charge voltage jumps upon activating high draw items then it is most certainly the ELD issue.

The ELD device does NOT detect battery charge loading or accessories connected directly to the battery.

so nothing can be done? :mcry:

Chad
08-18-2008, 04:36 PM
so nothing can be done? :mcry:

Not at the moment, I put in a better battery, like one of the newer AGM styles, Stinger, Odyssey, Hawker, etc.

I'm working on a fix for the ELD thing though with aftermarket audio, it may take time but winter is coming and That's when I do my thinkin' :mwink: