PDA

View Full Version : K-pro upgrade (BAD EXPERIENCE)

donaldep3
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Wassup fella's?

Recently I purchase a k-pro upgrade from one of the VENDOR on k20.org (LIGHTNING MOTORSPORT)

I sent it out on last friday and haven't recieve my ecu back yet. It has been more than a week.

Couple days ago, HONDATA called me that my ECU was on hold because of some billing issue. I called the lightning and they said that they have been trying to get a hold of me and said that sales tax would have to apply to my purchase because I live in California. Can someone verify that with me? And or if someone up here has the same experience as I am.

Yesterday, I called HONDATA (which the lady who handle my call with one of a hell attitute) . She said that the ECU has been sent out 13th of Aug.

Isn't it a NEXT DAY priority mail from HONDATA as they state on their website? Or what? I am confuse and they seeems not to be very helpful at all.

The reason I ask is because when I order a reflash 2 years ago, they do not apply tax to it.

Hope someone can help me out and know what happen.:mfrown:

Thanks

wishbear
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
maybe the post office lost it?

trickkykidd.02
08-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Sales tax applies for all in-state purchases but not interstate commerce. So if they didnt charge it to you last time it was just a mistake.

donaldep3
08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Sales tax applies for all in-state purchases but not interstate commerce. So if they didnt charge it to you last time it was just a mistake.

Hey trick I understand what you are trying to say. And that is what I also knew of at the first place.

But the thing I don't understand is that I order thru Lightning, a authorized HONDATA dealer ( located in LA state) When I first place an order I had already ask them if there will be any sales tax apply to it. They said no as of they are not in California. So I don't quite understand how this thing work.

I just want to know if usually people order a reflash or k-pro that they also have to pay for the 8.25% sales tax or not. Since it is a sevice not a product (I assume).

Also I have been searching a lot that user usually recieve their ECU back and forth for 3 days. But for me, up to now I still haven't recieve back the ECU. In addition, when I called HONDATA, all they lady said is that they have already shipped out couple days ago.
Isn't the price I paid for is including NEXT DAY SHIPPING?

Please correct me if I was wrong.:mrolleyes:

illusionsoflife
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey trick I understand what you are trying to say. And that is what I also knew of at the first place.

But the thing I don't understand is that I order thru Lightning, a authorized HONDATA dealer ( located in LA state) When I first place an order I had already ask them if there will be any sales tax apply to it. They said no as of they are not in California. So I don't quite understand how this thing work.

I just want to know if usually people order a reflash or k-pro that they also have to pay for the 8.25% sales tax or not. Since it is a sevice not a product (I assume).

Also I have been searching a lot that user usually recieve their ECU back and forth for 3 days. But for me, up to now I still haven't recieve back the ECU. In addition, when I called HONDATA, all they lady said is that they have already shipped out couple days ago.
Isn't the price I paid for is including NEXT DAY SHIPPING?

Please correct me if I was wrong.:mrolleyes:

that really really sucks. glad the place i go installs the kpro there in the shop.

AUTiger
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
I had an awesome experience with lightning when I got k-pro from them. The only thing I can think of is that the upgrade price they quoted you was not their shipping price,nor did it include the next day air shipping. The whole upgrading to k-pro by using a different dealer has always been hazy to me.

v1c10us
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
sales tax applies to any online purchase for residents of the state of california.
You'll see a disclaimer saying that on most internet sites, i think there are 2 other states that it also applies to.

2004ep3hatch
08-17-2008, 01:07 AM
I believe they send it back the way you send it to them. you send it next day they send it back next day.

Did you send it next day to them yourself? If you stated than i missed it somwhere, sorry

donaldep3
08-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I believe they send it back the way you send it to them. you send it next day they send it back next day.

Did you send it next day to them yourself? If you stated than i missed it somwhere, sorry

I sent it trough UPS priority mail. Should take only 2 days from my place norcal to HONDATA socal. Correct me if I am wrong.

donaldep3
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
sales tax applies to any online purchase for residents of the state of california.
You'll see a disclaimer saying that on most internet sites, i think there are 2 other states that it also applies to.

I have pm'ed, email couple dealers wich are out-of state cali. (TrueHonda, BluePrint, Corsport etc....) All of them say no, and when I double check with them, they are 100% sure.

Then I email sales@hodata.com and they said that it sales tax apply to k-pro upgrade not too long ago.

I just want to know I am not being tricked or something. Anyone have the same experience?

Unknownally
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I would think Hondata would have a better rep dealing with their customers. Why have a rude lady? I hate that...

donaldep3
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I finally recieve my ECU back. It takes 6 business day to get from inner state, WTF?

I continue to pursuit the truth about the price and the reason my ECU was on hold. And none of the Vendors say there will be sale tax apply as long as the dealer are form out-of-state.

But then hondata says it does.

Once again my scenerio: ORDER FROM A DEALER NOT IN CALIFORNIA, but my physcial address is in CALI.

there shouldn't have tax apply because the transaction is not bewteen HONDATA and me, but from lightningMotorsport (located in Lousianna) and me.

I don't mind paying tax for any purchase if I need to. But I can't stand that people trying to make money of customers and disclaim themself of having a good customer service.

donaldep3
08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Anyone???:mcry:

ALL MotoR Ep3
09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Damn sorry to hear about your bad experience

squeak04si
09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
thats lightning motorsports for you. i live right by them and they are always out to fuck somebody over. the sales tax should only apply if you live in the same state as lightning motorsports cuz that is who you are really purchasing the kpro from. the shipping back is not next day. both times my ecu came back in 2-3 days but i also purchased mine through corsport.

MugenReplica
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM

NY just started doing this. IMO it's bullshit!:mrolleyes: Mail order should and always has been tax FREE!

donaldep3
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I totally agree with you Mugen,

But I guess there is nothing i can go aginst them unless I decide to sue Hondata.

Till now, it still doen't make any fxxking sense to me at all.

donaldep3
09-04-2008, 12:28 AM
thats lightning motorsports for you. i live right by them and they are always out to fuck somebody over. the sales tax should only apply if you live in the same state as lightning motorsports cuz that is who you are really purchasing the kpro from. the shipping back is not next day. both times my ecu came back in 2-3 days but i also purchased mine through corsport.

I got my ECU back 1.5 weeks later. WTF?

:mfrown:

talonXracer
09-04-2008, 06:52 AM
NY just started doing this. IMO it's bullshit!:mrolleyes: Mail order should and always has been tax FREE!

They have been taxing mail orders for several years now.

The law states if the mail order business is located/ or has a satelite store in the same state you must pay the sales tax. Also if the item is drop shipped from the same state taxes are levied.

sleepyEP3
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Sent hondata mine friday got it back wednesday. Corsport FTW!!!!

makavelibranded
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
not as bad as the vendor i went through here a while ago(tuning factory) i sent them a ecu i bought and they took about 5 months, i acually forgot about it for 2 months then one day i was wondering about it, got a door ring and there it was:tehehyper: they put my name on the ecu