PDA

View Full Version : JDM projector headlights. Signal lights?

blackyEP3
08-16-2008, 10:36 PM
I have a 2002 EP. Just installed projectors on my car. To my surprise, I couldn't plug my 2002 signal bulbs into the 2004 projector signal socket.

What bulb should I get?

Here is my 2002 one....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/A2B-Civic/DSC01798.jpg

i need it to fit on into the corner bulb.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/A2B-Civic/DSC01802.jpg

Here is my dirty car with the projectors.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/A2B-Civic/projector2.jpg

v1c10us
08-16-2008, 11:56 PM
yeah you need a different socket or something. I think the socket off the 04-05s might work?

D3xn2o
08-17-2008, 01:02 AM
yea the socket from the 04-05 works...

check this thread out....

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43835

just do this its crude but it works

I actually got the sockets and connectors and wired then up properly

blackyEP3
08-17-2008, 09:05 AM
damn son.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at all CTR projector threads high and low and I didn't see this. I wish I saw this when I had the bumper off. Right now, its just electric taped on....arrrrrg. It looks like I'll have to take off my bumper again.......

D3xn2o
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
damn son.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at all CTR projector threads high and low and I didn't see this. I wish I saw this when I had the bumper off. Right now, its just electric taped on....arrrrrg. It looks like I'll have to take off my bumper again.......

you can reach up behind the fender lining thats was i did just pull the harness back thru into the engine bay and then do the harness krap reach your arm up behind the lining and there ya go

be careful tho the fenders have sharp edges

moso
08-17-2008, 09:25 PM
i have a question what happens about the high beam though? since 02-03's are on one bulb and the ctr projectors are separate, and if i get the depo ones from speedstar can i still use my regular highs/lows on the low beam of the new headlights? sorry if u guys dont get what im saying lol

i have a question what happens about the high beam though? since 02-03's are on one bulb and the ctr projectors are separate, and if i get the depo ones from speedstar can i still use my regular highs/lows on the low beam of the new headlights? sorry if u guys dont get what im saying lol

i don't think you can fit the 02-03 bulb (h4 bulb) into the low beam socket of the projector (h1 bulb).

if you get the depo replicas from ssr, it'll come with a harness that will convert your h4 plug harness to accept the h1 & 9005 bulbs that are used on the projectors.

check the ssr thread or pm wayne for more info about his set-up.

moso
08-17-2008, 09:45 PM
if you get the depo replicas from ssr, it'll come with a harness that will convert your h4 plug harness to accept the h1 & 9005 bulbs that are used on the projectors.

check the ssr thread or pm wayne for more info about his set-up.

ya but the thing is the harness and headlight and the whole assembly comes out to being so expensive and i already have hids installed on mines thats the thing

frm_808
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
damn shes lifted?

moso
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
damn shes lifted?

huh? lol

SiR R8TD
08-18-2008, 03:03 AM

suvlights.com sent me a real nice conversion harness.

blackyEP3
08-18-2008, 06:25 AM
how much was the harness?? After I tackle some issues, I am going to hook up my high beams........I got the XD harness for H4.

A normal H4 plug has metal prongs like this:

_
I I

The one I got from XD only had 2.

_
I <<<< I forgot which side was blank.

I was planning to open up that adoptor and add another metal prong to get the power from my original H4 harness to hook up the high beams.

frm_808
08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
huh? lol

being sarcastic! i needs to be lowerd

D3xn2o
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
how much was the harness?? After I tackle some issues, I am going to hook up my high beams........I got the XD harness for H4.

A normal H4 plug has metal prongs like this:

_
I I

The one I got from XD only had 2.

_
I <<<< I forgot which side was blank.

I was planning to open up that adoptor and add another metal prong to get the power from my original H4 harness to hook up the high beams.

you kno our ep's only have 1 power wire the other 2 are grounds....

v1c10us
08-18-2008, 01:23 PM

I've posted this so many trillions of times but I guess I'll do it again.

there are three wires; 2 grounds and a power wire, you take the power wire and splice it to both the high beam and the low beam via a female connector you purchase at autozone or something
then you take the ground for the highbeam and put it on the high beam and the ground for the low beam and put it on the low beam.
tada

blackyEP3
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
you kno our ep's only have 1 power wire the other 2 are grounds....

yes yes....i saw that in one of my posts. Gotta look for more parts to hook up the highbeams.