PDA

View Full Version : Falken Tires Any Opinions

ballsdeep
11-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Looking at purchasing either the Falken Azenis Asymetrical or the Azenis ST115 is anybody familiar with either of these tires. Looking for opinions before I buy them. Thanks.

goy091
11-25-2002, 12:04 PM
ask either cone killer or nikkotyper im pretty sure they both are running azenis

Cone Killer
11-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by goy091
ask either cone killer or nikkotyper im pretty sure they both are running azenis

Azenis are great race tires and good street tires, even in the rain. And best of all...they are dirt cheap!!!

nikkotyper
11-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Cone Killer

Azenis are great race tires and good street tires, even in the rain. And best of all...they are dirt cheap!!!

I totally agree. There was much debate about Azenis rain performance but it has subsided lately. Actually, on Saturday I drove a track event during light rain and I barely noticed it. These tires are excellent and about as cheap as you can get.
As far as wear, I am not sure yet but mine still have plenty of thread left after more than 2 months of daily driving + 300 miles of track driving (3 track events) + 8 autocrosses.

JSIR
11-26-2002, 09:04 PM
hey nikko what tire size are you running , I may get a set of azenis, but I have stock rims.

IceD out N CALI
11-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Cone Killer

are those tires loud?

nikkotyper
11-27-2002, 08:07 AM
I am running 205/50R15 - the only size for 15inch wheels.
I am running them on the stock wheels with a 1-2 PSI more than normal.

They are louder than stock. I cannot compare them to other tires. GRM had a comparisson of some street tires and they said the Azenis were pretty loud. BFG KDs were not as loud but were twice as expensive.

These are dirt cheap tires that offer excellent performance with some compromises...

Cone Killer
11-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by nikkotyper
These are dirt cheap tires that offer excellent performance with some compromises...
I think the only compromise is the noise, and it's only loud when coming to a stop, ie...slow speeds.

nikkotyper
11-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Yeah - those stiff sidewalls can be noisy.
Also, Thread rating: 220 - accelerated tire wear.

But, it is worth it to me.
I cannot even notice the noise any more.

william
11-28-2002, 12:25 AM
stupid question, but does the handling actually improve dramatically with new rubber (azenis) or is it a less obvious change?

Cone Killer
11-28-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by william
stupid question, but does the handling actually improve dramatically with new rubber (azenis) or is it a less obvious change?

HUGE improvement!!!

gpt
11-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Cone killer - are you also running on stock rims? nikkotyper do you notice a difference in the gearing because your tires are smaller than stock. From what I see your tires are about 5% smaller than stock (in diameter) so you should be revving 5% higher at any given speed.

Thanks for the help - I have been looking to replace my stock tires and will be getting some falkens!

Cone Killer
11-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by gpt
Cone killer - are you also running on stock rims? nikkotyper do you notice a difference in the gearing because your tires are smaller than stock. From what I see your tires are about 5% smaller than stock (in diameter) so you should be revving 5% higher at any given speed.

Thanks for the help - I have been looking to replace my stock tires and will be getting some falkens!

I have stock wheels for the street and a Enkie's with Azenis for racing.

seven6zero
12-26-2002, 09:23 PM
Which do you guys think are better the Azenis or the Yokohama Parada spec II's?

Cone Killer
12-27-2002, 12:35 PM
I think Azenis are and will be forever the best tire for the money...and then some.