PDA

View Full Version : Si badge theft

The Captain
11-25-2002, 10:44 AM
I might be getting an Si soon since there are some great deals on them right now. Anyway, I noticed that about half of the new ones on the lot had the Si badge ripped off of the front grill. Have any of you had yours stolen?

KW

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 12:10 PM
A few have. Just debadge your car and don't worry about it.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
11-25-2002, 12:34 PM
I've said it many times...I paid for an Si, NOT the badging. Debadge to avoid theft and "status"...

2K2RedSiR2NV
11-25-2002, 12:37 PM
okay this willl sound dumb to you guys but how do you debadge our cars??

CleanBlackSi02
11-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 2K2RedSiR2NV
okay this willl sound dumb to you guys but how do you debadge our cars??
The I-vtec stickers on the side will come off with a hairdryer and some patience...the rear Si and Civic badges are only on with foam adhesive...once again: hair dryer, patience, and floss to get under the badges...the front Si badge... I just ripped off...the pins just break off on the back...
Some people try to save the badges and not break them while taking them off...but why? Better lookin' without 'em!

capt_shrimp
11-25-2002, 12:43 PM
it might be likely that the ones your thinking are having the si stolen, might have debadged.

peace

The Captain
11-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Good idea as far as debadging.

The new ones that I have looked at on the dealer lot have definitely been stolen since I can see the broken pins behind the grill.

Any problems with the rear badges getting stolen? I didn't see any of them missing, just the fronts as I am sure they are easier to steal. I could see the paint being easily damaged if someone tried to steal the rear badge.

Kirk

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Both Si badges are possible victims. I'm removing mine soon and painting my stock "H"'s.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
11-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Both Si badges are possible victims. I'm removing mine soon and painting my stock "H"'s.

Steve
Gunmetal still? Post pics!

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

Gunmetal still? Post pics!

Yup and I sure will. I'm tinting the side markers (The red and orange are killing me) and painting the headlights as well. (gunmetal too)

If time permits, I'll be removing my CAI and painting it flat black. This will completely clean up my car for me. (I'd like to do the brakes too, but I doubt I'll have time.)

Here's what I'm using.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/s/ssvr6/Misc/paintingproject.jpg

(Sorry to hijack your thread man!)

Steve

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 03:56 PM

Yup and I sure will. I'm tinting the side markers (The red and orange are killing me) and painting the headlights as well. (gunmetal too)

If time permits, I'll be removing my CAI and painting it flat black. This will completely clean up my car for me. (I'd like to do the brakes too, but I doubt I'll have time.)

Here's what I'm using.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/s/ssvr6/Misc/paintingproject.jpg

(Sorry to hijack your thread man!)

Steve

thats the gunmetal paint i used on my headlights :)

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 06:05 PM
I'll be using it on mine as well.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 06:57 PM
I'll be using it on mine as well.

Steve

sounds good

atl-si
11-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Looks very interesting. Show us some pics when you are done.

ssvr6
11-26-2002, 08:48 PM
Here ya go.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5243

Steve