PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions for new shocks.

Gcast725
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
i have an 02 with ground control coils overs for a while now. Probably for 5 yrs now. right now i'm riding on OEM shocks and they are BAD. Lasted me 5 yrs though. i need to purchse new shocks now, of course. Do you guys have any advise on what struts are good for our cars? Especially for an 02?

mustclime
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
koni,bilstien and d-spec are all good choices

jalep3
08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Make sure you buy adjustable shocks

SiRCivic03
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Get the Koni Sport (also called koni yellows) if your plans aren't to slam your car to the ground. You want 1.5 inches or less or else the koni's will leak/ blow easily. But they are great bang for buck shocks because they are adjustable. Good luck.

oldskoofame
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
koni,bilstien and d-spec are all good choices

the man speaks the truth. no other man is needed to repeat what he just said. :thumbsup:

/thread

Gcast725
08-19-2008, 05:40 AM
I've been looking at the Koni yellow's just becuase its affordable. But i'm not sure how low of a drop my car is. I have OEM wheels and tires and the car is as low as where the outside fender and tire meet. Its not overlapping the tire at all. Know what i mean? I just want to know if the Koni yellows are still a good strut to slap on. Thanks guys.

SiRCivic03
08-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Gcast725- sounds like if your on OEM wheels and there is not much gap between the fender and tire that you are pretty low. If your already on ground control coilovers they are adjustable and you can raise your car up if you wanted. But if you like to stay low just pick another shock. Your call, it just depends on your needs/wants.

Gcast725
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Gcast725- sounds like if your on OEM wheels and there is not much gap between the fender and tire that you are pretty low. If your already on ground control coilovers they are adjustable and you can raise your car up if you wanted. But if you like to stay low just pick another shock. Your call, it just depends on your needs/wants.

So you think the Koni sports are okay?

mustclime
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Less than a 1.5 inch drop, they rule imo....get the rsx ones though because of the better damping in the rear....All you have to do to use them is grind 3mm of metal from the lower bushing. You have to do this because the rear lca has a larger opening for the shock than the ep3.

Gcast725
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Less than a 1.5 inch drop, the rule imo....get the rsx ones though because of the better damping in the rear....All you have to do to use them is grind 3mm of metal from the lower bushing. You have to do this because the rear lca has a larger opening for the shock than the ep3.

Good idea. I'll probably do that instead. Thanks.