PDA

View Full Version : Got Zune?

SiR Kolos
08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to A/V stuff, but I can follow instructions really well...

I 'hate' all things Apple just to piss Apple fans off. I bought a Zune (to replace my IPod) and think its great. Are there any concerns regarding hooking up a Zune (I'm assuming no)? Can anyone recommend a single-DIN unit? I listen to the engine/exhaust, radio and Metal in that order (plus some old skool KRS-One, etc., etc. anything good)... I want to load my Zune and have fun. Any recommendations would help. Thanks.

This is a learning project for me. Ultimately, I want to replace all speakers and tweeters and get some bass without losing trunk space (I need it).

Think of this as a bit of a 'competition'... My brother is great at A/V and has outfitted his Mazda3 like a champ... I'd like to prove that I can do something on this side of the fence.

Thanks again!

sleepyEP3
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I have an idea that I used that saved me a bunch of money and is upgradeable in the future. Go to Circuit city and ask them for the adaptor for hooking up an external cd changer. Is costs like 40-60 bucks and plugs directly into the back of your stock radio. Uses the stock CD changer plug. Get the one that is for Honda's, naturally. It will allow you to plug in the other side with a male red/white audio plug and the other end should plug directly into your zune. Sounds more complicated that it is. Go to Circuit city and tell them your problem. Also will work with any aftermarket radio, just unplug the cd changer part of the unit and plug audio cables into radio. Zune works great in car, no skipping due to hard drive.

KrypTOniTE
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I have an idea that I used that saved me a bunch of money and is upgradeable in the future. Go to Circuit city and ask them for the adaptor for hooking up an external cd changer. Is costs like 40-60 bucks and plugs directly into the back of your stock radio. Uses the stock CD changer plug. Get the one that is for Honda's, naturally. It will allow you to plug in the other side with a male red/white audio plug and the other end should plug directly into your zune. Sounds more complicated that it is. Go to Circuit city and tell them your problem. Also will work with any aftermarket radio, just unplug the cd changer part of the unit and plug audio cables into radio. Zune works great in car, no skipping due to hard drive.

ok so where can we listen to the ipod/Zune?.. like cd/radio.. theres no AUX button!

3dkahuna
08-18-2008, 06:51 PM
It is called the CD/TAPE button on the left side next to AM/FM. That will select the AUX connection.