PDA

View Full Version : Ok, officially pissed!

04EP3Hatch
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
OK, i put d-specs and H&R's in my EP about 6 weeks ago, after 2-3 weeks, my carquest strut mounts sshit the bed, because i didnt index the mount with the top hat, ok whatever, went OEM honda, put them in, index'd them perfectly. now 2 weeks later they are bad again? WTF!!! Now im just going to order 2 mounts L+R and two spring mounts with the bushing, now does anyone know with the H&R's how to tell which side goes where? it just says "F" on them so i didnt think it mattered and nothing came with the directions about side to side differences

04EP3Hatch
08-19-2008, 03:07 AM
bump for help

Princess
08-19-2008, 03:27 AM
I have no idea.

BumP!

civictype_r04
08-19-2008, 03:37 AM
Post pics.

mustclime
08-19-2008, 03:44 AM
no idea about the hr's......May I suggest you get a shopmanual and remember to grease the heck out of everything.

talonXracer
08-19-2008, 06:44 AM
When you use a lowered spring,strut combo and they utilize the stock style tophats and bearings they do not want to sit flush in the strut pocket and have more weight and pressure on one side so they wear VERY quickly.

danielakatoxic
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
i have h&r springs. the h and f just mean front and back. doesnt matter which is left or right though. im for sure because i had these on my first ep and now the same springs on my second ep.

04EP3Hatch
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
When you use a lowered spring,strut combo and they utilize the stock style tophats and bearings they do not want to sit flush in the strut pocket and have more weight and pressure on one side so they wear VERY quickly.

what do i use to fix this? how do i fix this? when i put the new mounts and tophats in should i bolt the strut up in the pocket first, like tighten the bolts completely, and then bolt the 2 big ones in?

jw1
08-19-2008, 11:07 PM
what do i use to fix this? how do i fix this? when i put the new mounts and tophats in should i bolt the strut up in the pocket first, like tighten the bolts completely, and then bolt the 2 big ones in?

Shouldn't really make a difference. Are you sure you have the shock mounts / spring hats indexed correctly? The arrow on the shock mount points outwards and the arrow on the spring hat points towards the arrow on the shock mount. > <