PDA

View Full Version : How often do people try to race you?

McNastee
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I only ask because I went up the street to make my car payment and 2 different cars kept tryin to race me. This orange v6 tiburon with subs so loud i could hear it over my exhaust, and then a mid 90's firebird formula with no mufflers. I laughed at the tiburon guy and was flattered by the formula considering he has twice the motor.

I mean is it something about an exhaust + wheels that make people think this little mini-mini van is fast or what? It still says civic on the back..

danielakatoxic
08-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I only ask because I went up the street to make my car payment and 2 different cars kept tryin to race me. This orange v6 tiburon with subs so loud i could hear it over my exhaust, and then a mid 90's firebird formula with no mufflers. I laughed at the tiburon guy and was flattered by the formula considering he has twice the motor.

I mean is it something about an exhaust + wheels that make people think this little mini-mini van is fast or what? It still says civic on the back..

i get it all the time dude. rims + exhaust here also. i do alot of highway driving since thats how i get to work so i get these guys rolling next to me on the highway.

i had a red solara with i swear 20's on it and this giant rumbling from the trunk, and even this HUGE side exhaust.
i jsut revved back at him and on green drove like normal while he peeled out like an idiot.:mtongue:

socmex7
08-19-2008, 11:02 AM

lol at that part.. round L.A. county you get the ricers trying to pull it..

McNastee
08-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I mean ive got the v2 intake and headers and such so it sounds loud as hell... but i just think it looks clean, and runs better. It really made me wish i had all that in an RSX-S though.

I think the formula guy was tryin to impress his girl in the car... he followed me around till i basically got to my house. I was half tempted to floor it to see him waste all his gas.... since i'd still get mid 20's with the pedal to the floor :D

ImpactStar
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
for some reason i never get hit up

Royal
08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I get it all the time. Mainly v8 though. There is this one homo in my town that has an integra that always tries to race me. I beat him once, and that's enough. I raced a cop once....lol. We were at a stop light at like 3 in the morning, and he asked me what I got under the hood, and if I wanted to run really quick. Good to know that I can outrun a cop now....:tehehe:

02TWSI
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
lol at that part.. round L.A. county you get the ricers trying to pull it..

hell yeah you do....the other night some d bag in an integra did a ricer fly by to me and his passenger flipped me off as they passed me so I was like wtf? Dumped it into third and PULLED THEM IN for the kill.

Fcuk ricer fly bys.....i'll row your ass back in.:tehehyper:

Kodeen
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Dupe rhymes with poop

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45376

EVOKIN
08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Just ignore them F*@ker and that's what I do.

If you want, lead them to some twisties and see if they can follow.

vboy127
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
oh my heck, i hate those riced out chevy cavaliers. The other day i was on the freeway and some punk kid with his girl in a cavalier with giant chrome wheels, an unpainted bodykit, and a fartcan kept comin up next to me. He'd then floor it and get ahead, then slow down again. This went on for awhile till i got annoyed and shifted down and just floored it, he tried but couldn't keep up and i got a few cars ahead of him and decided i had done enough and also wanted to save gas so i slowed down. The cav then blew past me and he just kept goin (to redeem at least some pride after the pwnage) :mtongue:. About 2 or 3 miles later i saw him on the side of the road with the highway patrolman. :tehehyper:

skoundrelusa
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't get messed with. Prob because they think its a mini-van lol

3dkahuna
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I think maybe only a handful of times, but I never really gave them any enjoyment.

K2OH2SLOW
08-19-2008, 01:04 PM
i get it too...and mainly i extend arm out the window, and give them the big ol THUMBS DOWN! haha, silly ricers...

T_Virus
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I mean ive got the v2 intake and headers and such so it sounds loud as hell... but i just think it looks clean, and runs better. It really made me wish i had all that in an RSX-S though.

I think the formula guy was tryin to impress his girl in the car... he followed me around till i basically got to my house. I was half tempted to floor it to see him waste all his gas.... since i'd still get mid 20's with the pedal to the floor :D

must of have been the headers:mbiggrin:

Passenger
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
heh. I used to say the same thing til I realized.. only one. It does say it on the box " they " came in though. :mangel:

EP_EJAY
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
well i dont drive the EP as much as i use to but everytime i do drive it, someone tends to revv @ me. :tehehyper:

fungkeyfresh
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
not so often but it's usually the riced out cars that tailgate and rev and shiiii

2005rollingegg
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
for some reason i never get hit up

Me too, maybe like once a year.

kprocivic
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
in the ep people going in the wrong direction rev. in the corolla everyone throws the deuce.

Aug
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
With the kind of vtec my car emits, it's hard for me to go 3 minutes without a potential suitor googling at my va-dada. Just something I've learned to accept in time and now I almost find it flattering. The important thing is that you take proper precautions and above all, never agree to a rat dance. Remember no glove, no love.

02TWSI
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
as far as tailgaters...BMW owners can burn in hell. :gheyf:

DRP967
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Not often...about one to two ricers a month rev at me.

McNastee
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
must of have been the headers:mbiggrin:

Whoops. Yeah ive always called them that.. thanks for settin me straight though hahaha.

nizmoluvep3
08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
For me its at least two ricers a week, most of the time they dont even know what the ep is and slow down just to check my emblems maybe i'll buy the odyssey emblem for my car just to throw them off- It would be funny if they went to the dealership and asked for a Odyssey Si! LOL...it could happen:mrolleyes:

!@#$%
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
This is probably directly correlated to the avg IQ in the area you live. Someone should do a study. All I ever hear from the other car trying to rev is always, "Yo, werd, nigga, fa sho, coo coo, tight, fresh or hot"

gettheledout
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
With the kind of vtec my car emits,
haaaa

supercivician
08-19-2008, 04:56 PM
one time, i had 5 different people try to race me. from eg to buick

magmagik 1
08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I would have to say, it depands where Im at. But mostly its young kids with riced out cars.

donkeygong64
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
not usually. sometimes if i see a quick car like evo or sti or something. I'll try to get him to open up just to see how badly i get destroyed.

socmex7
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
not usually. sometimes if i see a quick car like evo or sti or something. I'll try to get him to open up just to see how badly i get destroyed.

i did that with my friends wrx (header, exhaust, BOV, intake) i was surprised that i stayed with him for couple seconds. turbo lag FTL. but once tat ish spooled i got pwned :tehehyper:..

02_epdriver
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
live out in the country so I don't get to many trying to race. Maybe some junkers or cobalts and cavaliers.

WhiteOnRice
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Nobody really tries with me anymore. For as little as people see EP's, they probably assume I'm stock.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/fizix_skate/track/IMG_0216.jpg

SPAM&RICE
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Ricers pull up give the eye :mrolleyes: and I just laugh, ha ha :mmad:

Passenger
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
you gotta love rsx rims on our cars..

gettheledout
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Nobody really tries with me anymore. For as little as people see EP's, they probably assume I'm stock.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/fizix_skate/track/IMG_0216.jpg

Yeah if people saw you with the helmet on they would think you were stock :p

dofu2
08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
When I first bought my GSX back in the days, the first thing I did was buy a boost controller. My friend helped me install it and we went for a cruise to play with the new controller. Somewhere came a brand new Mustang, some preppy with his girl in the passenger seat, looking for a race.

I was young still, so I pulled on him a few times from light to light and smoked him, of course. Now he wants revenge, so we're at a light and he's revving at me. I see a cop pull up and make a turn onto the street ahead of us and pull over, while this guy's busy staring me down, revving his motor. I tried to warn him, but he didn't listen, so I revved my motor once just before the light turned green, held my revs at about 2k, and when the light turned green, made a right turn as the Mustang revved right past the cop!

With my EP, it was non-stop harassment from the ricers wanting to race.

When I just bought my G, the first thing I did was dump it and put an exhaust on. The clutch was very soft and I was still trying to get used to it, and my exhaust was brand new so it was still a little louder than it normally is... on my way home from the shop, on a two lane road, there was a lot of traffic on the outside lane, while there were only two cars from the red light, while traffic across the street in front of us is backed up into the intersection on the outside lane.

I decided to move over to the inside lane, and as I ease my car over, I hear a car revving. I look over and I see a dude in a Camaro staring right at me, revving his motor like he wants to race. I just laughed because there was bumper to bumper traffic, and this fool wants to race! So for sh*ts and giggles, I lightly revved my motor once. The light turns green and this guy turns to look at me as he launches his car into the stopped car right in front of him! Sucker!!!

When my car was new, on our way back from picking up one of our homegirls from work, some ricer in a DC2 started circling my car, revving, giving me a heads up, and revving more. We laughed and laughed and joked around at his expense, and the guy eventually backed off and took off in front of us. About 15 min later down the freeway, my friends started asking me about my car... normal sh*t like "So, how fast is this thing anyways?" I decided to show them how a quick third gear pull feels like, so I slowed down, dropped it down to third and gunned it. All I know is that when I dropped my speed back down to the freeway's regular traffic speed, I see some cheap HIDs coming at me, fast. A DC2 flies past me in the fast lane and hits the center divider right in front of me. I had to brake hard and move to avoid hitting the parts that were flying off of his car.

Some fool in a beat up Integ with the biggest, shittiest sounding exhaust wanted to race me so bad, he followed me for 45 min. Every time he revved at me, I turned to see the look on his face and laughed... hard. He even followed me off the freeway and asked if I wanted to race... He says his exit was all the way back there and he followed me for that long just because he wanted to race. I laughed even harder! Then he busts a u to get back on the freeway to go all the way back to where he came from...

There's more, but these were the funniest.

minivan_assassin
08-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Ricers try me sometimes. They lose heart when they hear the BOV.

mikebigh
08-21-2008, 09:22 AM
some dude on a bike passed me through a twisty section of my town sunday. around a blind turn, into on coming traffic. he was very new to riding a motorcycle, if you guys saw this dude ride.......all nervous looking n shit, stiff as hell.....my kid was laughing at him. anyway, he passes me and then we get to a red light, both making a right onto another twisty road. i get on it hard thinking no way, its a bike....no way. after 2nd i was on his tail light. so he pulls over to allow me to go around, and I blaze through the twisty's(teins / eibach sways), after getting out onto the straight section dude is about a half mile back, but of course.....wheelies up to my bumper, and passes me again....only for me to come up to his tail on the next turn. only funny cause home boy was new, I know cars have the advantage in the turns, but anyone on a bike that can ride it would have gone by and never been seen again.

earliozz
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
i always get it from the scion guys..

frm_808
08-21-2008, 10:11 AM
not at all, im "too fast, too furious!" lol:mcool::mangel::tehehyper:

drjd888
08-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Not so much, I guess they think its a mini van?

RickEP3
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't race but one time I was the jerk and pulled up next to a lambo on the freeway 'cause i wanted to see it go but he didn't take the bait. He knew I was playing 'cause of the dorky grin on my face :hay: ...I didn't have that too cool for school look going.

clutch797
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
like Errrrrrrrrrrr day.

makavelibranded
08-21-2008, 11:02 AM
never, just retarded people in traffic fuck around like ricers, or cars that have more then double or even tripple the hp:mrolleyes:

ie...
a turbo Escalade tryed to toy with me a while back:meek: i never saw that coming

c6 - old guy listening to phil collins
gt40
ferrari 1 old, 1 newer
lambo
few modded evos
fucking rediculous
:fear:

McNastee
08-21-2008, 11:08 AM
never, just retarded people in traffic fuck around like ricers, or cars that have more then double or even tripple the hp:mrolleyes:

ie...
a turbo Escalade tryed to toy with me a while back:meek: i never saw that coming

c6 - old guy listening to phil collins
gt40
ferrari 1 old, 1 newer
lambo
few modded evos
fucking rediculous
:fear:

It probably makes them feel better about themselves

".. YEAH DID YOU SEE ME SPANK THAT CIVIC?! IM SO BAD ASS!"

gettheledout
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
240sx with TT skyline engine > stock ep3
like i'd even try to race XD

icarus.na
08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
never.

i look completely stock....

Canuck Civic
08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I get skylines and srt4's try to race me all the time. Like I would even wanna race them.

hoesnaps
08-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I never get people wanting to race me. I guess my car looks too much like a Focus than a Civic.

pkpkpk
08-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Our cars are basically at the bottom of the performance chain now.
And can't a stock Corolla XRS walk us easy?

I don't get harassed at all. It's probably the way I drive ... under 3500 rpms hah.

02nhbpep3
08-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Nobody ever tries to race me :mfrown: but my roomate drives a 92 lude swapped with a jdm h22a 17's and shitty euro's (they came on the car and hes broke) and he said he has people trying to race in all day long.

1stcivicsipilot
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Not that hes tryin to race, but there is some douchbag kid in my neighborhood with a Saturn SC2 with chrome rims and a fart can that deems it necessary to rev his engine every time he drives by if im outside. lol I want to throw a rock at him!

beechstreet
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
somebody in a Dodge Ram tried getting me to race yesterday

az-epdrvr
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
honestly about everyday if not me or my wife , we got every nieghborhood kid askin to race me:hay:

ton
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
for some reason, pick up trucks would always rev on me

Rep
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Our cars are basically at the bottom of the performance chain now.
And can't a stock Corolla XRS walk us easy?
yeah :mredface:

civicswapper
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
i get called on all the time.

Mikebuen
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Lately I've had a Cobalt SS, 04 Golf 1.8T, 96 Grand Cherokee and that's it. I beat the last 2 but didn't want to try with the Cobalt since he would have probably kicked my ass:mcry:

03NighthawkSi
08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think I have ever had anyone try to race me in my EP.

ep3 b!tch
08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
on the way here (MDBBQ08) lol.
some guy in an wrx kept messin with me :mrolleyes:

if you know you can beat me, why try?

EVOKIN
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
on the way here (MDBBQ08) lol.
some guy in an wrx kept messin with me :mrolleyes:

if you know you can beat me, why try?
So they can go on their forum and post on his 'Kill List'. :mrolleyes:

Blue03Si
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Never.

donkeygong64
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
i did that with my friends wrx (header, exhaust, BOV, intake) i was surprised that i stayed with him for couple seconds. turbo lag FTL. but once tat ish spooled i got pwned :tehehyper:..

haha yeah. Some evo on the high way was going like 65 with me. My friend stairs him down and he pulls on me like there's no tomorrow. I gave up at like 80 when i'm sure he was going like 95...

ep3clardy
08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
shit the last race I did was last year and it was a 2000 si with exhaust and intake and gay ass gauge cluster thing, and I still beat him and im all stock.

celticduy
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
about once a month... just last week a wrx with intake and exhaust revved up next to me i knew he was gunna kill me but i stilled tried after about 2 and a half cars ahead i gave up :mfrown: ....the funny thing was that the car had license plates "whiterice"

stratwielder
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Not too many people want to try and race a nerdy asian guy driving a mini odyssey.