PDA

View Full Version : Side Vents stopped working...

X 2KS2K
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
My side vents stopped working recently and I have no clue why. AC and heat are both working on all settings and the airflow works properly on all settings except when I flip it to blow right at me or to blow at the floor and at me it only comes out the middle vents (and floor vents) but not the far driver or passenger side vents. If I set it to defrost air does come out of the side window vents (little ones just above the ones not working).

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I have an 02 Si.

Honda_boy83
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
My side vents stopped working recently and I have no clue why. AC and heat are both working on all settings and the airflow works properly on all settings except when I flip it to blow right at me or to blow at the floor and at me it only comes out the middle vents (and floor vents) but not the far driver or passenger side vents. If I set it to defrost air does come out of the side window vents (little ones just above the ones not working).

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I have an 02 Si.

It may be blocked. Try pulling out the vent and looking inside of if. Good luck

X 2KS2K
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
How is the routing of air done... it seems like maybe the valve or whatever for that setting is broken or stuck to the closed position. Any idea where that is under the dash?

X 2KS2K
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I took out the glove box and could see where the motor was moving to the different positions while I flipped through the settings... I poked and prodded around in there a bit (and took the opportunity to shake some leaves out of my cabin filter) and the vents started working again... haha... I just hope they don't stop again.

66elwood99
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I'll state the obvious , did someone close the vents? :mangel:

edit: should have read rest of thread, I'm glad they're working for you now