PDA

View Full Version : "Clicking" clutch pedal

Rayme
08-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Ever since I got my car 2 weeks ago theres a noticable clicking coming from my pedal, I hear it in the first 20% of “travel”. It definitly comes from the pedal (I feel it bare feet and the noise comes from under there). Is that a common issue? It sounds like there’s a worn washer or loose bolt somewhere along the lever.. It’s definitly not a squeeky noise!

I tried looking under (in a haste I must say) but there was pieces of plastic in my view I couldn’t see the linkage.

Any thoughts?

-remy

nightbear
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
take the plastic cover off, most likely ur gonna spray wd 40 on the rod

MasterPD85
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
what do u do about a sqeeky clutch? is it loose or in need of some WD40?

EDIT:

nvm, there is a thread answering my question below this one :)

JDMtunerEP3
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
WD40 worked for me!

shanewdude
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
There was a service bulletin out from Honda about this (they will fix it under warranty if you complain and are still under warranty). I think it is due to the return spring. Honda's fix was to replace the clutch master cylinder, but many on here seem to have luck with lube.

I think if you search you will find more discussion on this. Good luck!

humpmasterflex
09-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I put some vaseline on my sh1t.....

unfortunately it didn't solve the problem....

freelunch
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I used spray silicone lube. Took off the under dash cover, and depressed the clutch by hand while I applied it to the clutch rod.

Works like a dream, and the clutch is smoother and more pleasant to use than ever

ToingToing
09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I used spray silicone lube. Took off the under dash cover, and depressed the clutch by hand while I applied it to the clutch rod.

Works like a dream, and the clutch is smoother and more pleasant to use than ever

under dash cover of what?

i have same "clicking clutch" issues. :mfrown:

freelunch
09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Under your dashboard, below the steering wheel, theres a plastic cover. You remove the cover and then you can get access to pushrod that is connected to the clutch pedal. Depress the pedal with your hand, and you can see the pushrod moving into and out of the opening there. I put in the silicon lube while I moved the pushrod and it fixed the noise. Car's also easier to drive now with the clutch being smoother.

ToingToing
09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Under your dashboard, below the steering wheel, theres a plastic cover. You remove the cover and then you can get access to pushrod that is connected to the clutch pedal. Depress the pedal with your hand, and you can see the pushrod moving into and out of the opening there. I put in the silicon lube while I moved the pushrod and it fixed the noise. Car's also easier to drive now with the clutch being smoother.

Thanks! Nice SN btw! :mbiggrin:

Rayme
09-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I wish there was some picture of that. I didnt know some lube would fix it as it sounds more like a "plasticy" noise than a "lack of lubrication" noise.

talonXracer
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
The pushrod is not attached to the piston, it has a domed end that sits in the cup at the end of the piston, it is retained by a clip. This design is required since the pedal arc is a differential arc. This "joint" has NO LUBRICATION from the factory. The domed end rides within the cup and eventually wears enough to have a slight point on it, this is what is clicking.

Once the click has developed, adding some spray lube can reduce/stop the noise for awhile, but nothing accept replacement will make the noise go away for good, make sure to add some lube to the new one.

ToingToing
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I put grease all over the rod and the squeaky sound went away. Let's see how it holds up.

[Sip]
03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I had a clicking sound before...thought it was the pedal, as it felt like it would get stuck. Turned out the cause was the plastic panel under there...I just bought a one (it had some broken clips), and it's all good. Although, I think you may be dealing with something else - _ - ...thought I'd throw that out there just incase.

falah
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
WD40 worked for me!

i did that the other day, and the clicking sound have gone

mangvue05si
04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I too have the same problem yet only when it rains?
Should I still do WD-40?

ANY COMMENTS

---Mang Vue