PDA

View Full Version : brake pads for boost

nightbear
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
what kind of brake pads are you guys using on your boosted EP.

i have hawk hps and they are giving me so much dust and burning holes in my wheels.

was seeing if anyone had suggestions on some pads that give off less dust but wont die in a week.

civictype_r04
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I've got the EBC Red Stuff and I like them a lot. The dust level is better then when I had my Hawk's.

v1c10us
08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
I've got Endless SS S-Sport brake pads and they are a little dusty but they bite way better than the hawks and aren't noisy.
Check out endless's webpage, not all of their brakes are made for our cars but a few of them are and they do have ratings for which ones make the most dust.
I think the endless pads make less dust than the hawks though.
edit: I'm not boosted though, but i dont think it makes a difference since i've had the hawks

nightbear
08-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I've got the EBC Red Stuff and I like them a lot. The dust level is better then when I had my Hawk's.

i heard ebc was good

does anyone have ceramic pads and can say anything about them?

v1c10us
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I think a lot of people who have tried the red stuff green stuff stuff stuff pads have been disappointed in them. I've heard mostly complaints from anyone who really uses there brakes a lot.
I'm sure its a great pad for day to day street driving, but I probably wouldnt vote on the ebc pads

Kerby
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
hawk pads and dba rotors.

But I'm doing the switch to a wilwood bbk with fastbrake rear upgrade.

civictype_r04
08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I think a lot of people who have tried the red stuff green stuff stuff stuff pads have been disappointed in them. I've heard mostly complaints from anyone who really uses there brakes a lot.
I'm sure its a great pad for day to day street driving, but I probably wouldnt vote on the ebc pads

Are you serious the red stuff was designed for track use. I have tracked my car plenty of times and the pads are the great. I haven't had any fade. They have a very low dust rating they are also ceramic so that means low dust! Also I had the hawks before these and they lasted like 5 months CRAP IMO!!!!! The red stuff have been on the car for a little over a year and still have half the pad left. I will defiantly buy them again if they ever wear down. But to v1c10us why talk bad on a part you never tried? You here a few people complain and all the sudden you claim them junk? Whats up with that? Also why spend $170 on pads endless when you are stock. The red stuff goes for $70.00 and they are great pads.

nightbear
08-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Are you serious the red stuff was designed for track use. I have tracked my car plenty of times and the pads are the great. I haven't had any fade. They have a very low dust rating they are also ceramic so that means low dust! Also I had the hawks before these and they lasted like 5 months CRAP IMO!!!!! The red stuff have been on the car for a little over a year and still have half the pad left. I will defiantly buy them again if they ever wear down. But to v1c10us why talk bad on a part you never tried? You here a few people complain and all the sudden you claim them junk? Whats up with that? Also why spend $170 on pads endless when you are stock. The red stuff goes for $70.00 and they are great pads.

ooooOo ceramic so basically its gonna F my wheels up less which iwould like

Accordexcpe95
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
hawk + ss lines

sLiCk
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM

where are you buying your endless pads?

v1c10us
08-25-2008, 04:01 PM

wow well don't get mad or anything.
My post was very unbiased, i didnt say they were junk or talk bad on them, I was simply passing on information that I heard.
You are the first person I've heard good stuff from about the EBC pads, so the OP can take our information and interpret it himself.

As for why buy the endless pads when I'm stock, I could reverse the question to anyone and say why buy mods, etc, when your brakes are stock.
Even though my tires are not up to par with what my brakes can handle it does help.
I casually autoX my car about once a month and I dont get brake fade, I dont have to worry about overheating, stock brakes will bite the big one regaurdless of mods on an autox course, Regaurdless of my mods I still have to get from 60-70 mph down to 30 or less as quickly as I can. So thats why I payed 170 dollars for them.

they might be good pads for 70 dollars, but thats if its what your in the market for.
If you are in the market for 70 dollar brake pads, you buy the best 70 dollar pads you can, I was looking for the best pads I could afford. There were more expensive and probably better pads but I felt that would be complete overkill.
With the endless pads, if I get better tires I know my brakes will still be good enough for them.
edit: the low-steel compound in the endless super street series s-sport pads means no noise and relatively low dust levels.

v1c10us
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Got my pads from amazon.com
I donno if they list them as civic pads, look for RSX endless brake pads
edit: i checked it out and they do have them listed as civic si pads also

Heitzke
08-25-2008, 06:24 PM
they might be good pads for 70 dollars, but thats if its what your in the market for.
If you are in the market for 70 dollar brake pads, you buy the best 70 dollar pads you can, I was looking for the best pads I could afford. There were more expensive and probably better pads but I felt that would be complete overkill.
With the endless pads, if I get better tires I know my brakes will still be good enough for them.
edit: the low-steel compound in the endless super street series s-sport pads means no noise and relatively low dust levels.

So the more expensive the pad, the better they are? Riiight :mrolleyes:

As for me, I've been using Hawk HPS pads for the last 2 years (~50k miles) and have really liked them thus far.

civictype_r04
08-25-2008, 06:45 PM
wow well don't get mad or anything.
My post was very unbiased, i didnt say they were junk or talk bad on them, I was simply passing on information that I heard.
You are the first person I've heard good stuff from about the EBC pads, so the OP can take our information and interpret it himself.

As for why buy the endless pads when I'm stock, I could reverse the question to anyone and say why buy mods, etc, when your brakes are stock.
Even though my tires are not up to par with what my brakes can handle it does help.
I casually autoX my car about once a month and I dont get brake fade, I dont have to worry about overheating, stock brakes will bite the big one regaurdless of mods on an autox course, Regaurdless of my mods I still have to get from 60-70 mph down to 30 or less as quickly as I can. So thats why I payed 170 dollars for them.

Sorry man.:mangel: If I had $170 to blow on brake pad I will get the endless pads.

Tnhatch03
08-25-2008, 06:50 PM
OEM pads/rotors here...

v1c10us
08-25-2008, 10:28 PM
So the more expensive the pad, the better they are? Riiight :mrolleyes:

As for me, I've been using Hawk HPS pads for the last 2 years (~50k miles) and have really liked them thus far.

i mean of course thats not a guideline to go by, i was just saying, if i had 50 dollars for brake pads I would get the best 50 dollar pads I could find, if i had 150 dollars for bads and the 50 dollar pads were still better I would get the 50 dollar ones.

Jrw
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I took my brakes off to save weight. I just open the door and stick my foot out! I recommend adidas the rubber tends to last longer and they are cheaper then nikes.

slo_k20
08-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I took my brakes off to save weight. I just open the door and stick my foot out! I recommend adidas the rubber tends to last longer and they are cheaper then nikes.

LOL try LUGZ boots