PDA

View Full Version : Issue with buddy club

jcvett56
08-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Just installed my new suspension, buddy club n+ and the right rear makes a popping noise. When i hit a small bump it just pops, i've taken it all apart and put it all back together it was fine for about 5 minutes and then boom here we go again.....

Any one have any ideas I tried calling buddy club but that dude was pretty rude....

thanks in advanced,
Justin

mustclime
08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
make sure the lower lock rings are tight.I mean the ones that set the ride hight....I also suggest you grease everything.

jcvett56
08-20-2008, 07:54 AM
i'll double check that again but i believe i have tightened the crap out of it but i will definetly try it.

oldskoofame
08-20-2008, 12:53 PM
yea something isn't tight. when you tighten it make sure you don't slip and damage the bolt. it's easy to slip when you are tightening suspension parts.

skep18
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
My friend has a 7th gen civic ex with coilovers and has the exact same issue. He said his bushing had popped off/outta place. But I don't know personally.

jcvett56
08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I've double checked it all everything is even torqued to specs and the top bolt is torqued to 25lbs which is what the guy from buddy club told me! This is the only side making noise and it's getting worse and worse, I'm off work tomorrow and I'll take it all apart again and do put it together just to triple check

Frustrating is all I can say paying that much and getting this noise, i'm hoping it's user error created by me!

mustclime
08-21-2008, 05:54 AM
you could have the springs bowing in and hitting the shock body....try to turn the spring a lottle on the purches.....all strait springs will bow a little when you compress them, this is why they make "barral springs"....but they cost more to make and take up more space.

skep18
08-21-2008, 08:02 AM
again, IDK too much about all this, but my buddy also mentioned you want the coilovers to be setup to where when you're stopped, they don't compress the springs any, in fact, they leave a little space between the top of the pring and the top portion of the coilover... If that makes any sense...

Lol, but again, I'm no pro on this, just recommunicating what my friend does on his car.

jcvett56
08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
well after talking to buddy club I found the issue and he told me the correct way to tighten the issue.

The issue was my height adjustment perch kept coming loose a little and making that popping noise so he told me to just use a flat head screw driver, a rubber mallet, and a little bit of love and it should be fine..... So finally I got it with no noise now....

thanks for the replies guys!