PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't there be disclaimers?

kenscivic
08-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Ok so there was an ABS thread that really caught my attention. One guy said something TOTALLY inaccurate and swore on his life it was correct.. I was thinking in my younger days if a few people did not post that i would of believed him myself..

Maybe make a big ass disclaimer saying there are dumbasses and to always ask an ASE certified tech in their area of specialty before making rash decisions (like pulling abs fuse or raising a rev limiter to 8000 rpms)

just food for thought.

FoReVaPmP
08-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Ok so there was an ABS thread that really caught my attention. One guy said something TOTALLY inaccurate and swore on his life it was correct.. I was thinking in my younger days if a few people did not post that i would of believed him myself..

Maybe make a big ass disclaimer saying there are dumbasses and to always ask an ASE certified tech in their area of specialty before making rash decisions (like pulling abs fuse or raising a rev limiter to 8000 rpms)

just food for thought.

:msmile: It's teh interwebz..... shouldn't we all know that by now.....??:mredface::mangel:

talonXracer
08-20-2008, 07:01 AM
It is your job to correct the inaccuracies!

LOL

I do believe there is a disclaimer somewheres when you elect to join the site.
But I know what you mean, there are some people who have some very bizarre mechanical theorys that have no basis in reality.

kenscivic
08-20-2008, 09:27 AM
It is your job to correct the inaccuracies!

LOL

I do believe there is a disclaimer somewheres when you elect to join the site.
But I know what you mean, there are some people who have some very bizarre mechanical theorys that have no basis in reality.

Ahh just checking and throwing out ideas , if i had a signature i'd throw one in there and just post random things in retarded threads. :hay:

*edit*

like when me and you disagree usually we end up agreeing with one or the other with logic and reason and when we disagree its usually something like "well this spark plug worked for me, and your spark plug worked for you" type of scenario and thats great but some people are just flipping retarded

cow
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
:msmile: It's teh interwebz..... shouldn't we all know that by now.....??:mredface::mangel:
Yeah. Take shit with a grain of salt.

Besides, there're more than enough smart people on this site to correct a lot of the misinformation.

kenscivic
08-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah. Take shit with a grain of salt.

Besides, there're more than enough smart people on this site to correct a lot of the misinformation.

more are dumb haha.. if you are nieve and on this site, 20 people say pull your srs fuse and 5 say dont do it... some might believe the majority..

cow
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Their bad.

Nice sig.

1stcivicsipilot
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
yeah it was my thread. I opted not to pull the fuse and just deal with the fact I have ABS. I hate it and think it should be an option, not standard equipment, but whatever.

kenscivic
08-20-2008, 03:26 PM
yeah it was my thread. I opted not to pull the fuse and just deal with the fact I have ABS. I hate it and think it should be an option, not standard equipment, but whatever.

this wasnt directed towards you sir. just a few people who posted in your thread, not sure you were one of them

Zeth
08-20-2008, 10:42 PM
there are some people who have some very bizarre mechanical theorys that have no basis in reality.

sooo your saying i should have gotten a 2nd opinion before filling my oil tank with fudge???/

MR.Pizza
08-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Ken, I concur. Good post.

D3xn2o
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Ken, I concur. Good post.

Yea that I Got ASE's Ask me :mbiggrin:

Although i dont work on cars anymore I work on copy machines

Im certified in that too.... Im special :smash:

Anyway I was reading that thread your talking about and ohhh boy people these days.....