PDA

View Full Version : camber plates/ camber alignment

metalviper
08-20-2008, 07:26 AM
so i want to get some ksport camber plates but i want to powder coat them black. i was just wondering if the measurements on the plates are accurate at all and if i should make an effort to keep them visible or just have them painted over.
Also do you guys know any cheap but good accuracy diy camber alignment kits?

oldskoofame
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
so i want to get some ksport camber plates but i want to powder coat them black. i was just wondering if the measurements on the plates are accurate at all and if i should make an effort to keep them visible or just have them painted over.
Also do you guys know any cheap but good accuracy diy camber alignment kits?

taking engineering into consideration, real life creations will almost never get as accurate as the CAD design. The measurements on the plate can be as accurate as anyone makes them, unfortunately the slightest movement on any other places - such as the bolts and nuts that hold up your suspension can lead you to inaccurate measurements. what i'm saying is, those notches will be there and they won't move, but there's other components that hold it up that will move and affect the measurement.

Those notches on the camber kits aren't that accurate. in fact, use them them as a spare when you are on the track with no computer camber tool. also, they can be used as references so that in the future u can tweak some stuff, OR see if any camber has changed while u were driving. use them sparingly.

mustclime
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I have thought about the k-sport camber plate kit but the issue that I have not figured out is the upper spring purch.....I am running a GC kit but that kit is designed work with the stock type strut top bearing....not a "pillow ball" strut top bearing. I would need a upper purch that is for a 2 1/2 inch spring but necks down to the shock shaft diamiter...

metalviper
08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
thanks for the response. im going to try to use them on the same setup. i was just going to take measurements and attempt something along this fashion
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance/197877-boilers-new-suspension-buildup-thread-no-56k-finished.html

oldskoofame
08-21-2008, 12:08 AM
btw u are running mcpherson struts.
your toe will move in correspondence to your camber.

metalviper
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
i realize that. the more negative camber the more toe out correct?

4angrybadgers
08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
i realize that. the more negative camber the more toe out correct?

Other way around. :mbiggrin: More negative camber = more toe in. It's a small change, but something to keep in mind.