PDA

View Full Version : Inside of passenger side tires rubbing suspension?

stl05si
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi, just looking for some advice. I have HFP suspension and rims and tires. I got my oil changed today and honda told me i needed new tires on the passenger side. It appears the suspension part that overhangs the tire has been rubbing on it. there is a 1 inch wide strip rubbed down to the steel. I had noticed some pulling to that side and asked them to look at it.. They said they cant get it on their alignment lift cause of the hfp kit THEY SOLD ME. I am wondering if some part of the suspension on that side is broke and allowing it to rub the tires. The rear wasnt as worn, but spent less time up front, though it does show the same damage from being up front. any idea what might be wrong? Convient that my warranty is now up.

ep3k20a2
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
what size tires u running?

what is the offset on those rims u have?

mustclime
08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I need more info, some pics would not hurt. In the front, the only things that could have been rubbing is the strut....or a broken sway....:mangel:

pynikal
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
what size tires u running?

what is the offset on those rims u have?

x2 on this. and are you running the HFP springs as well???? didnt think that the HFP stuff was that aggresive....

stl05si
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
The are just the hfp gunmetal rims. everything is hfp. not sure of numbers and offsets. I wonder if i did break something? seems to handle ok with the stock tires.but i assume the rubbing will still occur

mustclime
08-21-2008, 05:29 AM
something here does not add up...

stl05si
08-21-2008, 08:04 PM
The part that is rubbing is the little metal guard between the tire and the spring. Appears to have normal clearance,but must be rubbing under braking or turning.

socmex7
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
there's something not right here. the HFP installed by Honda would not rub like that on it's own. something is loose or broken.

stl05si
08-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah, gonna drop it off after work at the other dealer. The one i bought it from and service it at cant get it on alignment lift cause of hfp , and didnt bother to say there might be something wrong with car, just that i needed a new tire. Kinda ticked me off.

mustclime
08-22-2008, 05:32 AM
sounds like a failed wheel bearing, this is allowing you your tire to lean in and rub against the strut.....get another dealer asap.

stl05si
08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Thank you mustclime for your help. i hope to find out tomorrow what is goin on. I dropped it off today.