PDA

View Full Version : Hasport selling thier SI-TYPE R on Ebay

Mr.02BlackSIguY
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
heres the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873451824

very nice car. has the type r kit with the type s engine and a bunch of other crap. fixed up pretty nicely

Driven
11-25-2002, 07:58 PM
i wonder if you can get it without the uber-ghey stickers.

this is funny:

The stock RSX Type-S computer was custom (dyno) modified by HONDATA to work

...then down further...

Horsepower : 220 (Estimated)
thought they had it dyno-tuned?

hmmmm.

myeverlovinsir
11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
A definite origional. Very nice job Hasport!
Ripp the emblems off if you don't like em... is still a great looking ride!
I see they left the type-R wing off, very nice touch.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pe003dd080e988803a285422c06a7a350/fd016648.jpg

Thought it might be prudent to include their disclaimer:

Hasport 2002 Honda Civic Si,CTR/Type-R clone. No expense spared to build this unique hybrid Honda. As seen on the cover and featured in Sport Compacr Car magazine, December 2002. As mentioned in the article, the car comes with a 2002 Acura RSX Type-S engine, six-speed transmission and 5 lug knuckles and hubs. Additionally the car has JDM Type-R camshafts and limited slip differential. The stock RSX Type-S computer was custom (dyno) modified by HONDATA to work with the aforementioned cams, AEM cold air intake, Comptech header and 5Zigen catback exhaust. Fastbrakes supplied the Wilwood 4 piston calipers and 11.8 inch rotors and EBC green brake pads. The car also has Koni adjustable shocks and Progress Group springs and front and rear swaybars. Go to www.sportcompactcarweb.com to read the articles "Honda Hoedown" and "Hybrid How-to". We have made several upgrades since the article was written. The car now has European Civic Hatchback front and rear bumper covers, and European Civic Type-R Body kit. We have upgraded the rolling stock to 18" 5Zigen fighter wheels and Ventus HRII tires. The stock front and rear bumpers and stock motor mounts will be included. We are selling the car to finance other projects. This car is highly modified and no longer has any warranty.

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 08:19 PM
hope this doesnt mean they'll stop exploring the possibilities with the ep

keithg
11-25-2002, 08:24 PM
The car made 200 HP at the front wheels on the dyno that Hondata uses and slightly less on the Sport Compact Car Dynojet, so we are estimating 220 HP at the flywheel. Hondata says they found some more HP, but we havn't had a chance to get the car back to them.

David S Wallens
11-25-2002, 09:20 PM
We saw the car at the SEMA Show--very nice in person. Got us thinking about the possibilities for our car....

eLEMENTgiRL
11-25-2002, 09:29 PM
i don't know if yall noticed, but i don't think it's the original Hasport hybrid.

1. "Hasport 2002 Honda Civic Si, CTR/Type-R Clone " title of the auction should give it off.
2. the Super Honda sticker is a hell of a lot bigger and uglier than the Hasport hybrid.. i'm looking at SCC right now too.

i guess it doesn't really matter.. si/type r hybrid.. pretty bad ass anyways

keithg
11-25-2002, 09:38 PM
It is definitly the one and only 2002 Si we (Hasport) have ever owned. We added the european front and rear bumper covers and the european typr-r body kit and changed the wheels and tires and added the big ugly hood sticker after the article was written 3 months ago.

atl-si
11-26-2002, 05:40 PM
I wonder how long it took for them to get where it is today?

keithg
11-27-2002, 07:49 PM
If anyone has any questions about this car or the parts on it I would be happy to answer. I apologize for not getting to your great site sooner!

Odyssey Mini ME
11-28-2002, 02:43 AM
thats pretty nice, but how come his front grill looks funny. is it just me? is it cuz its all yellow? the part between the headlights..

Suk02Si
11-28-2002, 03:19 AM
UK front grill

keithg
11-28-2002, 11:33 AM
The front bumper cover/grille (one piece) , and the rear bumper cover are from a european base model hatchback and the body kit is a european Honda accessory kit to fit the base model hatchback. We thought it would be unique. The parts were cheap, but the shipping was expensive because of the size of the bumper covers and side skirts.

Jpax
11-28-2002, 12:02 PM
that car has probably been rallied out.:(