PDA

View Full Version : Custom Paint Job Or Stock Paint Job?

JDMtunerEP3
08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Alright...

I want to know what you guys think about custom painted eps oppse to stock painted eps!

I'm debating on how far i am gonna go with mine...

I already have a few parts painted NHB on a TW ep.

My car got keyed and i was going to repaint it but am unsure on doing anything to over done.

It's been an adventure just repairing alot of stupid things that the prior owner jacked up but i am getting close to the painting process and am unsure on what to do.

bdooley
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
remember to get a different color paint job done right the engine bay needs to be sprayed as well as all the jams. unless you feel like paying a lot extra then i would suggest with staying a stock color.

Edit: just read your profile and i see you are a paint and prep man so you already know everything i said lol. Well if you can get the money from the insurance then i would do something different than stock.

Tortoise
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
i think it would be nice if u got a tasteful custom paintjob...like a gun metal metallic gray or something. Id only do custom if u have the cake to do a nice job with doorjams and everything.

bdooley
08-20-2008, 08:06 PM
cosmic grey ftw

icarus.na
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
i think custom paint garners you alot more respect, esp. if you do it right.

go oem for less of a hassle.

what colors were you thinking about?
if i was going custom i'd use a high quality paint like BASF, House of Kolor, etc.

iLLoGiCaL
08-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Midori Green/Cosmic Gray/Laguna Seca Blue > *

Tnhatch03
08-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Aspen White > your list...lol

if you really want to stand out, go pink! just have an EP that can back it up...

SiN05
08-21-2008, 04:43 PM
go for a stock color if u want a color that is relatable if ur going for something big custom. I like Comic Grey Pearl and Milano Red, but check in to some other oem colors

DRP967
08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Alright...

I want to know what you guys think about custom painted eps oppse to stock painted eps!

I'm debating on how far i am gonna go with mine...

I already have a few parts painted NHB on a TW ep.

My car got keyed and i was going to repaint it but am unsure on doing anything to over done.

It's been an adventure just repairing alot of stupid things that the prior owner jacked up but i am getting close to the painting process and am unsure on what to do.

In my opinion if your car is black with black interior, then you dont have to paint the door jams/engine bay/etc because no matter what color you paint the car (red,orange,green,blue,yellow,etc) it'll still look good with the black door jams/engine bay. Now if your car is not black...then your gonna have to paint the door jams/engine bay if you go with a paint job that is different from your stock color. Okay with that said, id go with an OEM paint job but from another make/model. Personally id paint the ep Super White off the Scion TCs.

JDMtunerEP3
08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I paint so the materials aren't an issue!

I want to keep the Taffy White as well in the scheme so i don't have to do all the jams...

Personally i was thinking about going with Nighthawk Black Pearl, Milano Red, and Taffeata White!

I wanted to use the Mialno Red Tri-Coat to break up the black and white...

I have some BASF materials left from when we were using them but currently we are using PPG and the BASF is definitely a more finicky chemical system so i will most likely go with PPG.

With all that being said now what do you guys think...

DRP967
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I paint so the materials aren't an issue!

I want to keep the Taffy White as well in the scheme so i don't have to do all the jams...

Personally i was thinking about going with Nighthawk Black Pearl, Milano Red, and Taffeata White!

I wanted to use the Mialno Red Tri-Coat to break up the black and white...

I have some BASF materials left from when we were using them but currently we are using PPG and the BASF is definitely a more finicky chemical system so i will most likely go with PPG.

With all that being said now what do you guys think...

How about Berlina black off the S2000?

My vote is for Berlina black.

JDMtunerEP3
08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
When i go into work tomorrow i'll look it up in the color book.

I liked the NHB just because it had alittle pearl but not enough that i would have to lay out pearl with the TW as well.

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Bump just bought all my materials so the car will be getting done this coming weekend!

I will post pics up very soon!!!

Passenger
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
I'd go for the laguna blue or suzuka blue if I could change.

talonXracer
08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Remember that the grey and black colors absorb way more IR, so are harder to pickup with a laser gun. My pick is Cosmic Grey Pearl.

The only issue I have with a nice paintjob and the car being a DD is just the wear and tear that comes with being a DD, road debris and parking lots. If it was a weekend only car, I could justify the costs.

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not going to just paint the car one single color due to the fact that i'm not going to go through the hassle of jamming the entire car plus engine bay.

I was thinking that a grey would break the nhbp and tw up better than the milano red but like i said i'm pretty set on the colors already and not only that but if i don't like something i can change it no prob since i'm the one spraying it.

I just hope you guys like it once it's done!

Gunner02
09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
oh man... Suzuka/Nurbergring Blue Metallic would look so nice on an ep...