PDA

View Full Version : orange county need your help 911!!

redronin22
11-25-2002, 08:26 PM
hey guys a tree branch fell on my car today. (damn high winds!!!. i wanted to know whats the best way (cheapest yet most effective) to get rid of two dents one roughly the size of a penny and about half a centimeter deep. This one is right above the middle of the left rear window. The next one is a bit behind it and its not so deep just a slight depression but its about 2 inches long. should i have one of those paintless dent removers do it? or is it worth it to take it to the dealer or auto body to do it? any body have luck with either one of these methods before?

also i bought a tube of meguiars scratch X does it work?
thanks in advance. hopefully the repairs dont exceed a hundred bucks cus i was saving it towards an CAI. dammit! i hate trees!!!

DownTheHatch
11-25-2002, 08:36 PM
You can get the Ding King for $25
Or take it to a professional shop for about $75

You will be happier with the results if you take it to a professional shop, insurance will cover the repairs.

ULTRAMANIA
11-25-2002, 08:38 PM
damn! seriously.. i'm in the riverside area right now just to visit my brother.. and i parked my car under a tree and when i woke up today there was hella debre and crap all over my car.. why the hell was it so windy today!??!

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 08:42 PM
santa ana winds-For economics u can try the ding king and the wax (it might work) If that fails then u can always fall back on taking it in to the professionals :)

ep3
11-25-2002, 09:07 PM
i would try the dentless paint removal. i had this big ass dent on my roof on my car that i had before the si, and he took care of the dent within seconds.

redronin22
11-25-2002, 09:23 PM
can you guys post some phone numbers?

ep3
11-25-2002, 10:55 PM
i found this guy off of vwvortex. sorry i can't find it cuz it won't let me do a search on there.

redronin22
11-25-2002, 10:58 PM
So everything was like *new* after you got it done? hey EP3 if u can find this dude and it works like you said Black angus on me dude. Iwant to get it back the way it was ( or damn close) My poor little baby is hurt ack damn trees! :'(

ep3guy
11-25-2002, 10:59 PM
haha sup redronin..
i just got two dents/chips in my car that looks like someone used a staple gun on my hood coming home from the meet on saturday. sucks. you can see the metal.. it hurts, it makes me wanna cry.. :'(

golferjn
11-25-2002, 11:06 PM
hope everything turns out ok. by the way, those winds were nasty today

ep3guy
11-25-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by golferjn
hope everything turns out ok. by the way, those winds were nasty today

yeah, damn evil winds, got my car all dusty since i parked next to the track.

dw735
11-26-2002, 02:36 AM
that sucks, well my brother is a manager at a auto body place in rowland heights, ca and he tells me a lot about what kind of work to do. Well, the paintless dent removel is like a independent job. He had some experience where some people would leave little golf ball dings. because they hit around it and stuff. Sometimes, he would use a suction cup for larger dents. I think it is like a suction cup, i wouldnt really know, i am not in the car industry. well if it was on the bumber, fender and all, he would say not to do it, because he has a lot of customers come back again, after somebody else hit them. but since it was on the roof, what are your chances of getting hit there by another driver yo know? but i would recommend getting it professionaly done, because i personally dont kow any good paintless dent removel guy. its like an art my bro said, you have to have the skills. dont fall for it when some people say this guys good and all, because they work on their own, and there are no guarauntess. i hope this helps.

dw735
11-26-2002, 02:38 AM
wait did you say on the roof of your ep, sorrry i think i got confused.

redronin22
11-26-2002, 08:17 PM
They will have to repaint the entire upper rear quater panel. damn 425-475 estimate thats a pretty penny. Should i just wait to get a body kit and type r wing and do it all at once? Think theyds cut me a deal?

IceD out N CALI
11-26-2002, 08:20 PM
that is a pretty penny. you should ask them about that

ep3
11-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by dw735
that sucks, well my brother is a manager at a auto body place in rowland heights, ca and he tells me a lot about what kind of work to do. Well, the paintless dent removel is like a independent job. He had some experience where some people would leave little golf ball dings. because they hit around it and stuff. Sometimes, he would use a suction cup for larger dents. I think it is like a suction cup, i wouldnt really know, i am not in the car industry. well if it was on the bumber, fender and all, he would say not to do it, because he has a lot of customers come back again, after somebody else hit them. but since it was on the roof, what are your chances of getting hit there by another driver yo know? but i would recommend getting it professionaly done, because i personally dont kow any good paintless dent removel guy. its like an art my bro said, you have to have the skills. dont fall for it when some people say this guys good and all, because they work on their own, and there are no guarauntess. i hope this helps.

the main reasons i tried the paintless dent removal method was because it was cheaper and mainly because i wanted to keep the original paint on the car. i too was doubting this method, but the guy i found was getting alot of praise on his work on the vwvortex website so i decided to give it a shot. the only reason i recommended him to try the dentless paint removal is because my experience was pretty successful. i saved money and still got the original paint job. but like dw375 said they are independent, well this guy was, and there is no guarantee.

DynaSpeed
11-27-2002, 07:17 AM
I dunno if it's like this where you're at... but, around here, if your car is insured, the insurance company pays for the damages and they pick up the deductible if it's considered an "act of god". I've had a few similar instances with other vehicles and haven't paid anything for body work. (Hail damage, wind debris, etc.)

redronin22
11-27-2002, 08:32 AM
im gonna look into that. thanks! My deductible is 500 so its not worth it if i have to contact my insurance. If the act of GOD doesnt work then im just gonna wait till i get some other stuff like a wing and skirts and get it all done at once. figured save me a trip to the body shop.