PDA

View Full Version : really wanting an ep3

dkid15
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
I joined this site before the crash and browse it occasionally and im starting to be on more and more and the "ugly minivan" is starting to grow into a nice hatch. Aroung me Crv motors are going for like 900 bux and everything seems to be pointing towards one despite everyone saying how ugly they are. I just want your guys thoughts on them? how do you like yours? Im also 6'3" inches will i fit? Like i said ive been browsing for a while and do have some knowledge of these cars. Thanks guys

Tnhatch03
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
this is kenscivic, i am 6'6 and fit fine in it, i am slim though but back in the day i was a hefty monkey and still fit in it.. its a nice car .. easy to modify just dont expect to break any drag strip records with it.

berry sucks

!@#$%
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
this is kenscivic, i am 6'6 and fit fine in it, i am slim though but back in the day i was a hefty monkey and still fit in it.. its a nice car .. easy to modify just dont expect to break any drag strip records with it.

berry sucks

He's being modest.

7'4''

KrypTOniTE
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought the same...Looking at them like little minivans... But days past you by and it starts growing on you... I LUV .. my Ep cause of its uniqueness style and performance... you barely see them on the streets... I get :gheywa:when i see another ep... WEll hope you make your decision.. you wont regret it..:mcool:

03Si757
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
GET IT! Best fun facotr car iv owned and i do ALOT of driving, easy car to drive, and pretty good space front and back for a 2 door hatch.

dkid15
08-21-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah i have to pick one up soon, my parents said they'd give me 4500 towards one so im really looking in the 8-9k range so i can put some money into it right off the bat. I always wanted a Gsr but im really starting to like this thing. Btw i have to pick one up soon due to double sessions for football. I actually found a few down in Nyc but i need to check the carfax on them. Thanks guys and im only 178 pounds i couldnt heavy if i tried, i eat 5 meals a day and i cant get my body fat % over 3:mfrown:

stealth
08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I've owned two and will hopefully pick up a third when I sell the sti.

dkid15
08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok sweet i will keep you guys posted on possibilities or if you guys know anyone selling one around 3 hours from albany i would be very interested.

mattism78
08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Welcome. I have always been a naysayer of sorts towards Honda's. I have been into imports for a long time and the civic bandwagon really turned me off towards civics. Then the EP came out. I started to like them immediately, and it seemed that the bandwagon kids had all switched to 240's. I traded a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am for my EP, and would do it again in a heartbeat. What the car lacks in speed it more than makes up for in comfort, quality, and handling.

Before getting my EP I had been hopping from car to car. Now I have no need to get a different car. I found a car that I truly like. I'm 6'0 and have PLENTY of room.

Passenger
08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Is this Albany NY or Albany GA ur talking about??
and yes, if you don't love it right off the bat.. it'll definitely grow on you, whether you like it or not.

[edit]
and I'm 6'4" 220 lbs and I fit perfect in it. The seats were crafted by God for us giant fatasses such as myself :]

ton
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
i sold mine to my little brother but i still take it out for drives, very fun car!

stealth
08-21-2008, 05:45 PM
If you are in albany ny you may be able to make it to this place in under 3hrs. I don't know how good their cars are as I've never been there but they always sem to have at least on in stock. http://highlinecarconnection.com/

Windchaser
08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I am selling mine next month. I can ship if you pay for shipping =).

Mr_Safeway
08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I think the answer is pretty obvious. I have never met anyone or seen anyone on here who is disappointed with their ep. Maybe frustrated cause the turbo isn't working right etc etc. But I think that these cars are so unique from the shape to the nifty shifter. I like how many people stare at it when u drive past.

maconperformanc
08-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I drove mine for the first time yesterday and can say that I love it!

slo_k20
08-21-2008, 09:43 PM
its a great car man. i'm 6'4 and wouldn't want anything with more room. in the drivers seat it's more comfortable then my mom's durango, my brothers jeep wrangler, and many other cars

Tortoise
08-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I really like mine i think its a great first car.

moso
08-21-2008, 11:19 PM
damn all u guys are freakin tall i feel short im only 5'6" lol and its good for a small guy too lol and as far as the shifter i love it how everyone goes like dude is that thing comfortable? and i say just try it they sit in it and love it

j0000stin
08-21-2008, 11:47 PM
trust me its worth getting..i had the choice of getting either an ep/fg/or dc5 i chose the ep of its uniqueness and the love of hatches...you wont regret it, even though the a3 lacks power it can easily be made up and since you wre saying the k24 is cheap in area a swap would be great