PDA

View Full Version : HP = ? to run 13's?

Dunrick
11-25-2002, 09:36 PM
How much HP do you think it will take our cars to run steady 13's with decent tires. Also no weight reduction. (Like backseat still in) and what not.

myeverlovinsir
11-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Very good question, I would guess at near 200hp at the wheels
easily will give you 13s.;) (keep the tires 15)

Dunrick
11-25-2002, 09:41 PM
if I can hit 13's N/A that would be sweet. I doubt it, but its always possible. Is there going to be some performance Cams for our car, or are we still waiting on cams?

myeverlovinsir
11-25-2002, 09:49 PM
I know for sure toda is out, so I'm not up on anyone else just yet.
But I would take the type-S head and mate it with our block
just for kicks before asking someone else to build a perfect head
for our rides. jmo;)

MCeez02Si
11-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Do you think with strictly bolt-ons there is the potential to hit mid 14's? If I hit this, I will be very content. Of course, more is better, but as a daily driver, it would be nice.

By the way, I wonder what it'll take to hit consistent 6.8-7's in 0-60?

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 10:58 PM
i'm sure the greddy turbo would get the ep into the 13's

DocofMind
11-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Its obviously a lt cheaper to get a lot faster by going FI. Going the NA route is by far more expensive.

I believe this car can achieve low 14 s with bolt ons and an ECU upgrade.

Obviously though, the easiest way of going faster is going to be to reduce weight. There are many area of this car that can be attacked while still keeping the back seats in that will def aid in acceleration. This car weighs a portly 2800 pounds :eek: Honda safety

Dunrick
11-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Its obviously a lt cheaper to get a lot faster by going FI. Going the NA route is by far more expensive.

I believe this car can achieve low 14 s with bolt ons and an ECU upgrade.

Obviously though, the easiest way of going faster is going to be to reduce weight. There are many area of this car that can be attacked while still keeping the back seats in that will def aid in acceleration. This car weighs a portly 2800 pounds :eek: Honda safety

What all could we remove besides the backseat to make it lighter?

SiCivic2k2
11-27-2002, 09:10 PM
passenger seat, spare tire, cruise control, power steering, start exercising and lose some weight, etc. etc. The list is endless! :)

ssvr6
11-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Start dumping your 401k money into carbon fiber body panels as well (or your first born child).

Hood, hatch, door panels, lexan windows, lighter wheels/tires, etc...

Steve

DocofMind
11-28-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick

What all could we remove besides the backseat to make it lighter?

Well, basically, if you want to keep your car streetable, meaning all your electrical accessories, windows, panels and what not, you are going to have to spend some money.

Also, where you take the weight off also matters as well. Every pounds of unsprung weight you drop is almost equivelant to 3 pounds inside the car. Getting a set of lightweight wheels and tires are the best place to start. Dont go any larger than 16, even if the 17 inch wheel is light, the tires are not. And its on the the most outside of the wheel, making its impact felt even more so. You can easily drop anywhere from 5 to 8 pounds of "unsprung" weight (per corner) by doing this. That would be something between 40 - 90 pounds lost from inside the car.

Adding my big brake kit would drop another 8 pounds of unsprung weight of each front wheel. Equal to around 48 pounds gone from inside the car.

JoshSI
12-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind

Also, where you take the weight off also matters as well. Every pounds of unsprung weight you drop is almost equivelant to 3 pounds inside the car.

I dont understand how that works. Weight is weight isnt it? explain please

ssvr6
12-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Unsprung weight is like "rotating mass". Wheels, pulleys, etc...

Steve