PDA

View Full Version : Help side skirt

HmongBoi-Si
08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Help.... on my oem sides the sticky part that sticks the sides to the car is not sticky so there is like a gap between the sides and the car is there anyway I can get this taken care of. Please let me know cause it looks ugly.

15000rpms
08-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Why/how did it come off?

I think that thin double sided duct tape is the best.

I've tried:
-thick double sided duct tape
-gorilla tape
-adhension prompter

DOESN'T WORK

BE CAREFUL: IF YOU DIDN'T CAUSE THE SKIRT TO COME OFF, I THINK THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO "steal" YOUR SKIRTS.

(How did your power chamber intake go?) PWJDM's new dyno shows only 5hp gain.

HmongBoi-Si
08-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Double sided duct tape? Where can i get it and would you please recommand a brand? The intake to me was a dump i didn't like it very much not only that it took so much space and the relocation of the battery. The intake didn't seem to produce as much power in a warm hot climate area. i felt a big change also the fact that its under the hood sitting right next to motor and the motor gets really hot. i wouldn't recommand this intake its a waste of money. there the story on that. so i've recently bought an AEM CAI and man it was a big difference so yeah AEM all the way

JDMINTAKE < AEM CAI

15000rpms
08-23-2008, 05:45 PM
The brand is Duck. It has a green cover.

I looked online and Duck claims that you could get it at:

-home depot
-menards
-walmart
-target
-lowes

but try the hardware stores first. I don't know how much because my buddy could supply me with them.

If you can't find it, let me know.

(where did you relocate your battery to?) I was interested in relocating mine so that I can create a air duct system directly to my Injen Short Ram. Because the stock battery is blocking my way, I need PWJDM battery relocator kit to relocate elsewhere)

frm_808
08-23-2008, 05:48 PM
JDMINTAKE < AEM CAI

dont think that power chamber intake was made in japan

anything can be called jdm, but for sure AEM has proven themselves:mcool:

HmongBoi-Si
08-23-2008, 07:19 PM
ok thank you on the brand hopefully that'll fix my problem. yeah i bought the relocater kit with the jdm intake. the relocater has a special batttery call Odyssey something i forgot but its small enough to sit right next to the tranny right under the intake. but there are many different ways to relocate your battery if you know how to run your wires cause i had a friend who relocated his battery to the trunk.

this is all i can find on home depot online am i in the right place

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?recordId=2104&storeZip=50320&langId=-1&searchRedirect=duck+tape&storeCity=Des+moines&navFlow=3&mode=autoSelectAndSet&cm_sp=searchredirect-_-bm_tape_flcat_duct_tape-_-x-_-x&jspStoreDir=hdus&reload=true&storeState=IA&catalogId=10053&zip=50316&storeId=10051&distance_1=100&showStores=false&categoryID=502234&forcCatKeyword=duck+tape

JDMtunerEP3
08-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I would actually use the 3m professional grade double sided tape.

We use that at the shop when reapplying moldings and works like a charm.

Just use the adhesive promoter with it and it will look good and hold like glue!

frm_808
08-23-2008, 08:24 PM
ok thank you on the brand hopefully that'll fix my problem. yeah i bought the relocater kit with the jdm intake. the relocater has a special batttery call Odyssey something i forgot but its small enough to sit right next to the tranny right under the intake. but there are many different ways to relocate your battery if you know how to run your wires cause i had a friend who relocated his battery to the trunk.

this is all i can find on home depot online am i in the right place

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?recordId=2104&storeZip=50320&langId=-1&searchRedirect=duck+tape&storeCity=Des+moines&navFlow=3&mode=autoSelectAndSet&cm_sp=searchredirect-_-bm_tape_flcat_duct_tape-_-x-_-x&jspStoreDir=hdus&reload=true&storeState=IA&catalogId=10053&zip=50316&storeId=10051&distance_1=100&showStores=false&categoryID=502234&forcCatKeyword=duck+tape

im pretty sure most of us know how to relocate batteries. gotta make sure u have the right gauge for the distance.

and for ur odyssey battery, its a dry cell battery can be mounted in any position

HmongBoi-Si
08-24-2008, 06:14 AM
yes that is correct but with the relocater kit from JDM it is position to sit right next to the tranny and under the intake

HmongBoi-Si
08-24-2008, 06:17 AM
alright i'll look in to it.

frm_808
08-24-2008, 12:21 PM
yes that is correct but with the relocater kit from JDM it is position to sit right next to the tranny and under the intake

its so small u can mount that thing almost anywhere u want to. just need the correct gauge in wires.

talonXracer
08-24-2008, 12:39 PM
When I put my sideskirts on I washed the car and then clay bar'd the the areas where the tape was going to be applied(use a wax pencil in a contrasting color to mark the areas). Don a pair of nitrile gloves and use some compound to ultra clean the areas. When the area is cleaner than a surgery room, apply some heat to the panel with a heat gun/blow dryer and get the panel warm to the touch(be carefull you dont scortch the paint) wipe on the adhesion promoter and let dry. Apply some more heat and install the skirt. Here is where it becomes difficult, you need to maintain pressure against the skirt and car for at least 20 minutes to allow the adhesive on the tape to cure. Employ some GOOD friends or create some kind of bracing before hand.

My skirts have been installed for several winters now and they havnt even started to separate from the body.

15000rpms
08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
if you haven't already, just go to the store and ask because the page that I clicked on showed that there were no products found. I looked on a lot of websites, but their websites are useless.

15000rpms
08-24-2008, 01:25 PM
dont think that power chamber intake was made in japan

anything can be called jdm, but for sure AEM has proven themselves:mcool:

What we meant by JDMintake is Password JDM's power chamber.

(AEM is good expect the AEM Shortram for the k-series made from reviews that it produced one of the least amount of hp)

15000rpms
08-24-2008, 01:28 PM
can't delete

a_pancost
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
i live in arizona will that double sided duck tape work here i tried some other double sided tape and as soon as the sun got it the side skirt just feel off? any advise

HmongBoi-Si
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
well i've tried a different method then that double sided tape i used velcro. i place the velcro everywhere on the side skirt where it'll come in contact with the car and so far its done its job keeping the skirt on with no gap.

VELCRO TAPE > DOUBLE SIDE TAPE