PDA

View Full Version : Rear Camber Question

mattism78
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I noticed when looking at my car the rear wheels have a good deal more negative camber than the front wheels. I jacked it up to have a look and it appears that the previous owner installed adjustable camber rods but the bushings are shot. Should I replace the bushings or go for entire new rods? If new what brand? Thanks in advance!

metalviper
08-24-2008, 10:01 AM
its probably easier to just replace the whole thing rather than have a shop press new bushings in. ingalls, spc, any of those are good

jw1
08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
The rear suspension design is different than the front and gains camber when lowered.

If the bushings are shot metalviper has it right that it would be easier to just get another set.

Zzyzx
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Depends if its the inner or outer bushing...

if the inner bushing is gone (the one that attaches the control arm to the chassis), then yes, replacing the control arm will also replace the bushing.

if its the outer bushing thats shot (the one that attaches the control arm to the knuckle).. then no, replacing the control arm will not replace the bushing. so you'll either need to buy the Energy suspension bushings or something similar to fix it.