PDA

View Full Version : Heating trouble

15000rpms
08-24-2008, 07:20 PM
It'll be winter soon. My heater is not as strong as my previous car. I have to turn it to max to feel like it's on level 3 or 4. It really burns my gas and is it only my car, but the AC only comes on if I turn it to the defroster and I need to turn it to the defrost to defrost my windows which makes the ac turn on.

Any info would help.

Thanks.

talonXracer
08-24-2008, 07:24 PM
The A/C can be easily set so that during defrost operation the A/C is optional. I dont know the exact procedure by heart so try a search for it, something about holding buttons in while turning on the ignition switch.

It works great and I keep it set that way year round.

15000rpms
08-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll try that for the AC.

Anything on the heater? Do you have to turn the heater all the way to near max level to feel some heat in the cold?

talonXracer
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
No I dont have any real issues.
But you can watch the heat valve move and confirm it is actually fully opening. After starting the car, have someone operate the temp control and make sure the cable and arm are moving.

The insulation isnt very good in the car, it is a Civic afterall so nothing unexpected. I have found that any leaks like thru the door panels etc lets the cold air overwhelm the heater on those really frigid days. Also make sure to have the rear seats up and the shelf in place and the moon roof closed and the cover shut to add insulation. Nothing too bad and it all helps.

15000rpms
08-25-2008, 02:52 PM
This was taken from the temple of vtec, but it didn't work for me. Some also said that they took off their ac relay.

Annoyed with how you can't turn off the A/C when you turn to defog? Here's the override (realize that A/C expediates the defog process):

1. Turn Car Off.
2. Turn Temperature Knob To Full Blue (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise).
3. Turn Vent Knob To Off (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise).
4. Hold Down Air Recirculation Button As Well As A/C Button.
5. Keep Both Buttons Depressed and Start Car.
6. Keep Both Buttons Depressed for 7 Seconds.
*AC LIGHT SHOULD BLINK*

You will now have control of your A/C regardless of what setting you are in, to revert back, simply repeat the procedure.

talonXracer
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
That sounds about what I had to do.

In fact here is the thread I followed years ago. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6290&highlight=turn+defrost

v1c10us
08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm mixed on that A/C Thing..
I tried it and the light no longer comes on when I put it to defrost, but everything keeps going, the compressor cycles and everything, the light is just off =\