PDA

View Full Version : need help for built in cruise control

mr-alternative
08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Because I have done all that stuff I'm allowed to change at my car according to german laws for going the legal way I want to do some other project at my EP.

I just want to built in some OEM crusie control.

I ve got electric plan from the 4 door (DX in the states I guess), but I found some as lets say "cable spring" at the plan.

I found out tht its the clock spring which is mounted near the steering wheel, the Cruise Control button at steering wheel should be wired by it somehow...

Now I ask you all whether:

may remove the upper coverage behind the sterring wheel and take some photos of the wiring harness from that clock spring to the cruise (set, cancel...) switch.

I have ssen where the cruse main switch is mounted at your cars, but where is the control unit?

Does someone know where it is or got photos of it?

And I have to do some mixing up parts of civic si Ep3 and civic coupe Em2.
Could someone make some photos, where is the actuator mounted in the coupe.
It would be very helpful when I could get some photos.

v1c10us
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
The switch is on the dash, the Set, Cancel, Accel Decel are built into our steering wheels, it might be something removable that you could attach though.
I'm not sure if thats what you were asking.
I havent looked at one without Cruise control in a while but our throttle body's have 2 wires going to them, and I believe one of them is the cable from the gas pedal, and the other is controlled by the cruise control thingy.

BeaterEP
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
The switch is on the dash, the Set, Cancel, Accel Decel are built into our steering wheels, it might be something removable that you could attach though.
I'm not sure if thats what you were asking.
I havent looked at one without Cruise control in a while but our throttle body's have 2 wires going to them, and I believe one of them is the cable from the gas pedal, and the other is controlled by the cruise control thingy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the cable that runs more along the passenger side then back along the firewall is the CC cable.
Took the slack out of the gas pedal cable a couple of weeks ago, thinking I'll tighten up the other one too, just to see if the cruise is more accurate...seems to lag a bit when it's making adjustments.

powdbyrice
08-26-2008, 09:49 AM
does the ep2 come with cruise control?

do they make a helms manual for the ep2?

mr-alternative
08-27-2008, 08:36 AM
I want to know who is the CC wire fixed at the throttle body, some Picture from a Civic with D17 engine would be perfect but for see the gernal impression some picture of Ep3 would be okay, too.

I just photographed my clock spring yesterday:
http://www.maxrev.de/files/2008/08/100_0836.jpg

And this one should be with CC wiring:

http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/97/8e/8f_1.JPG

I need to know whether is the same builted in the Ep3 ( or its from some Civic with D17 engine) . Very Interesting would be: what colour have the wires and where do they go to ?

I know i would need: main CC switch, set/accel/cancel/ switch and maybe the clock spring (if my built-in one couldnt be upwired) from the Ep3 and the CC box ( CC Actuator) with wire to throttle body from some D17 engine...

And if I want to fuse the CC as OEM, in what fuse places are they OEM built in ? interior or engine room fuse box ?

@ powdbyrice I searched every online car market...didnt found any Ep1 or Ep2 with CC

mr-alternative
09-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Maysomeone could help me to this problem:

Could you take some phots for me of the SRS clock spring, it includes some wire harness for Cruise control.

I have some electrical plan for the CC, but its not detailed in which pin of the connector is which colured cable. Could you take maybe some photos?

Its between steering wheel and steering column, but if you remove the upper coverage of steering column by pulling it upwards (turn steering column to lowest postion) you can see the backside connector of that clock spring.

This SRS clock spring looks like that one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...mZ320286952848

For front side you have to remove drivers airbag.
Its no problem to remove it, but:
At first: TURN OFF IGNITION !
After unscrew the left and rightside mounted size 30 torx screw (eachunder some coverage): GROUND with car before you remove airbag by pulling it carefully (pull a bit upwards, beacuse of the horn switch). Then you could take some detailed shots of it and then refix airbag.

then just push the upper coverage of steering column to the lower one. READY!