PDA

View Full Version : F2 (Function Form) Rear Camber Kit: TESTING

frankdogg
08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey whats up everyone, Function Form recently started producing rear camber kits for their suspension line and the guys over @ Showstoppers decided to use me as a guinea pig for their product to see how it is.

First off, the product isn't install yet and I'm just showing you guys "out of the box" pictures with some initial thoughts.

Anyhow the product itself looks nice...it looks crafted well. There is nothing DISTINCT about its appearance aside from the "F2 red" color. But thats about it.

So far the only downside of this product is that its a "rubber" bushing type and I know a lot of you guys are looking for the "POLY" bushing one. However, for daily driving purposes and if you are in an area that see a lot of weather and climate change, poly urethane may not be the best choice for you, especially if you are daily driving.

So if you are looking for "track" stuff...this might not be for you, but for daily driven ep3/dc5/ES...consider this product.

btw, i talked to chuck and he said most likely these will be going for $130ish...give or take once they are fully released.

thanks guys

product stamp
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/frankdoggxo12/IMG_3691.jpg

side by side
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/frankdoggxo12/IMG_3693.jpg

i know these aren't a lot of pics, but it gives you an idea of what they look like/what you would get.

questions welcomed / haters please hate elsewhere :hay:

Tnhatch03
08-25-2008, 05:14 PM
what are the numbers as far as adjustment compared to the SPC? is this going to be for a more aggressive camber?

4angrybadgers
08-25-2008, 05:30 PM
I'd like to know how well it fits. I recently replaced my F2 front dampers (long story) and their R&D for the new dampers is horrible (bracket drilled for the wrong size bolts, etc.)... hopefully they did better with the camber kit.

ep_hatcher_510
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
looks like the SPC ones, but they should have included a bracket for the brake lines.

civictype_r04
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I wonder how the rubber bushings will hold up?

jw1
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
I would think that rubber bushings would hold up fine as that is what OEM uses as well as other rear control arm manufacturers.

v1c10us
08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
its a clone of the SPC ones but probably wont rust as much.
Also, you know its called Function over form right?

frankdogg
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Also, you know its called Function over form right?

huh?

icarus.na
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
those look really good to me and props to you for being the guinea pig!

let us know how they work out.

v1c10us
08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
huh?

The brand name
Function/Form
its like in math
Function divided by form or Function over Form, like the phrase, form over function, but backwards.

civictype_r04
08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I would think that rubber bushings would hold up fine as that is what OEM uses as well as other rear control arm manufacturers.

After time the rubber will start to crack urethane would have been a better choice. It will last longer and be less nosier. Most aftermarket company's are now starting to use urethane in their products.

v1c10us
08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
After time the rubber will start to crack urethane would have been a better choice. It will last longer and be less nosier. Most aftermarket company's are now starting to use urethane in their products.

uh
polyurethane bushings need re-oiling very frequently, 5-10k miles, They don't last very long if you dont and they crack.

frankdogg
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
The brand name
Function/Form
its like in math
Function divided by form or Function over Form, like the phrase, form over function, but backwards.

i seee....:gheywa:

anyhow, its Function and Form.

Yo_KyleEP3
08-30-2008, 09:52 AM
when do these come out?

Yo_KyleEP3
09-05-2008, 10:08 AM
no news? on this?

EP_EJAY
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
nice cousin. Let me know how it turns out

v1c10us
09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
i seee....:gheywa:

anyhow, its Function and Form.

they have never been called Function and form..
I don't know how you can say a company that is an obvious reversal of the saying "form over function" and who also has the logo stamped Function/form is really called function and form.
I mean, they called themselves function over form for a reason, but you go ahead and ignore that and tell me its function and form.

4angrybadgers
09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't know how you can say a company that is an obvious reversal of the saying "form over function" and who also has the logo stamped Function/form is really called function and form.
I mean, they called themselves function over form for a reason, but you go ahead and ignore that and tell me its function and form.

Goddamn you're retarded. :mrolleyes: Go to their website. http://www.f2autolife.com/
Look at the title in your web browser. If that's not enough, click on the "F&F" bar on the left side and look at the huge text that pops up.

frankdogg
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM

i don't understand the need to be a smarty pants? logically YES it should be Function OVER form, but their website says OTHERWISE and from my knowledge they are trying to produce products that "does" both.

lbk02si
09-06-2008, 10:19 AM
uh
polyurethane bushings need re-oiling very frequently, 5-10k miles, They don't last very long if you dont and they crack.

how do you oil poly bushings?

Siborg
09-06-2008, 10:27 AM
look like my D2's are they threaded to accept the brakeline? my D2's are not :mmad: so it's zip tie time for me!

metalviper
09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Goddamn you're retarded. :mrolleyes: Go to their website. http://www.f2autolife.com/
Look at the title in your web browser. If that's not enough, click on the "F&F" bar on the left side and look at the huge text that pops up.

lol owned! :mconfused:

BeaterEP
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM

This is why good grammar/communication skills are important.
I automatically distrust these guys, despite how well-made and awesome their products may be, because they obviously haven't mastered the intricacies of the English language.

Function/Form (as it appears in their logo) seems to be a pretty obvious play on words and mathematics to suggest that their stuff is designed more to perform than to look good. More "go" than "show", if you will.
But then you check out their website and realize the company is called function and form.
This discrepancy is bothersome. Which is it? The clever pun in the logo, or the actual name of the company?

Learn to speak and write well, kids. It really does help. Ghetto slang and faked intellect are no match for an actual education, and with it a full understanding of the English language, both spoken and written.

Oh, and their little mission statement page is riddled with grammatical errors.

/rant

frankdogg
09-06-2008, 01:04 PM
This is why good grammar/communication skills are important.
I automatically distrust these guys, despite how well-made and awesome their products may be, because they obviously haven't mastered the intricacies of the English language.

Function/Form (as it appears in their logo) seems to be a pretty obvious play on words and mathematics to suggest that their stuff is designed more to perform than to look good. More "go" than "show", if you will.
But then you check out their website and realize the company is called function and form.
This discrepancy is bothersome. Which is it? The clever pun in the logo, or the actual name of the company?

Learn to speak and write well, kids. It really does help. Ghetto slang and faked intellect are no match for an actual education, and with it a full understanding of the English language, both spoken and written.

Oh, and their little mission statement page is riddled with grammatical errors.

/rant

now is that grammar OVER communication or is that grammar AND communication? :gheyf:
judging by the following word used to describe your grammar/communication you mean BOTH cause you use ARE.

BeaterEP
09-07-2008, 09:41 AM
now is that grammar OVER communication or is that grammar AND communication? :gheyf:
judging by the following word used to describe your grammar/communication you mean BOTH cause you use ARE.

It's called satire dickbag :mbiggrin: Tongue in cheek? Irony? Any of this ringing a bell? :gheywa:

frankdogg
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
It's called satire dickbag :mbiggrin: Tongue in cheek? Irony? Any of this ringing a bell? :gheywa:

yeah yeah yeah.

socal_brandon2
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
:mrolleyes::mrolleyes::mrolleyes:

Hmm.. So anywho!

Frank, do you know if they'll be adding the bracket for the brake lines?

Either way, they'll sexy up the underview of the car a bit! :mbiggrin:

frankdogg
09-08-2008, 12:42 AM
:mrolleyes::mrolleyes::mrolleyes:

Hmm.. So anywho!

Frank, do you know if they'll be adding the bracket for the brake lines?

Either way, they'll sexy up the underview of the car a bit! :mbiggrin:

i dunno. i'll send the feedback to chuck who will relay it to F2. I'd like brake line brackets too.

metalviper
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM
so how are they? any noises?