PDA

View Full Version : tranny? rebuild or buy new one.

BRAK54
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I just was reading. And well i relized I got screwed outta 1000 bucks for a aftermarket warrenty:gheywa:. I was reading how its viod with any mod. even tire size and make.. I got alot. anyways i havent had 4th gear since like dec. and 3rd is starting to grind now to. would it be cheaper to rebuild my tranny or buy a new one.. I cant find any i looked the other month at junkyards and didn't find any, and theres none ever on craigslist i dunno what to do.

Tnhatch03
08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
first, i fixed your comment. not very nice and don't do it again please.

second, what were you quoted to fix the tranny?

third, it may be easier to swap another tranny and do a clutch/flywheel/lsd/final drive while you are in there. haha.

fourth, check the FS section here. k20a.org is also a good resource.

EP3_U_SEE
09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
how much is a rebuild??

b.r.i.a.n.
09-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I just was reading. And well i relized I got screwed outta 1000 bucks for a aftermarket warrenty:gheywa:. I was reading how its viod with any mod. even tire size and make.. I got alot. anyways i havent had 4th gear since like dec. and 3rd is starting to grind now to. would it be cheaper to rebuild my tranny or buy a new one.. I cant find any i looked the other month at junkyards and didn't find any, and theres none ever on craigslist i dunno what to do.

i had the same issue with my car. i wasn't able to shift into 4th and 3rd was grinding. i ordered the synchro set and my dad and i did the work ourselves.

the parts alone are a little less than $200.

thechromecoyote
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
odd question, but if you think its warranty work, have you tried to to get it covered? Or are you just assuming you will be rejected?

I have the honda care warranty myself, and the place I go to doesnt think twice about services regardless of the mods I have.