PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for drop

bchaney
08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm on Eibach Sportlines (~1.5in drop) and am looking into new shocks. I was considering the Koni yellows but read that it's not a good idea with a drop. What are my options?

Also, how long do shocks last (DD w/some spirited driving)?

TronG
08-26-2008, 10:05 AM
you can get dspecs or blues

SPAM&RICE
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
I got sportlines and also have blues toks, but there already shot in a year:mcry: time for konis.

mustclime
08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
there are sportlines and there are sportlines.....I have always had a feeling that shops are selling the em2 sport lines kits to ep3 owners just because the dates and the word civic is on the box.....I have seem more than one ep3 with sport lines showing a 2 1/2 inch drop.....those have to be em2 springs. To make matters worse, the em2 springs are a much lower rate than the ep3 springs.:mfrown:

to the thread starter, think about getting the whole koni kit or the whole d-spec kit with the springs.....or pull the numbers off you springs and call the maker and check the part # to the kit #.

Lucid Moments
08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I had the Eibach Sportlines and Koni Yellows on the car for a while and enjoyed the combination. Never had any problems with it either. I changed to upgrade to a more track ready setup

jw1
08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Ditto what Lucid said. I ran the Konis on Sportlines for a long time and really liked it as a good street set up. I went with the Ground Controls once I started tracking it and doing more autocross.

bchaney
08-27-2008, 05:13 AM
there are sportlines and there are sportlines.....I have always had a feeling that shops are selling the em2 sport lines kits to ep3 owners just because the dates and the word civic is on the box.....I have seem more than one ep3 with sport lines showing a 2 1/2 inch drop.....those have to be em2 springs. To make matters worse, the em2 springs are a much lower rate than the ep3 springs.:mfrown:

to the thread starter, think about getting the whole koni kit or the whole d-spec kit with the springs.....or pull the numbers off you springs and call the maker and check the part # to the kit #.

So if I confirm that my Sportlines are indeed for an ep3 then do you think the Konis will be good? This is my DD and I don't do any autoX.

I'm looking for a better-than-stock performing shock that'll last me a while.

MugsyTheGr8
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
tirerack has bilstiens in stock. a little pricey, but they are worth the money.

Lucid Moments
08-27-2008, 03:35 PM
So if I confirm that my Sportlines are indeed for an ep3 then do you think the Konis will be good? This is my DD and I don't do any autoX.

I'm looking for a better-than-stock performing shock that'll last me a while.

The Koni's will be great for what you are looking for.

civictype_r04
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I thought sport lines lowered more then 1.5?