PDA

View Full Version : AC Removal?

phill
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
whos done it?

what did you use to plug the hole in the firewall?

belt size w/o compressor?

thanks in advance

Tnhatch03
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
i did it. the freon was already out, so that is the only thing that i am not sure about.

i didn't use anything to plug the firewall.

k060512 if i remembered correctly.

SPAM&RICE
08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry no answer for u Phill, but someone must have at least by-passed the A\C condenser\w a smaller belt. I need info also.

phill
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
bump for info...

tnhatch.. did you just cut the lines off and plug them at the firewall? or do you still have all your lines?

Tnhatch03
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
i had a leak in the line somewhere. i decided i was not going to remove my turbo in order to get the line out, so i cut it where i needed it and then removed the lines from the firewall. afterwards, i found where the leak was. lol

i actually sold the a/c lines minus the cut one.

phill
08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
i had a leak in the line somewhere. i decided i was not going to remove my turbo in order to get the line out, so i cut it where i needed it and then removed the lines from the firewall. afterwards, i found where the leak was. lol

i actually sold the a/c lines minus the cut one.

howd you remove the lines in the firewall tho? just those 2 10mms and that weird plate?

any pictures?

BRAK54
08-28-2008, 01:10 PM
will you notice a hp gain after taking out the a/c?,, not a gain more like getting back some hp that the belt was usin up??

phill
08-28-2008, 02:20 PM
will you notice a hp gain after taking out the a/c?,, not a gain more like getting back some hp that the belt was usin up??

nothing you will feel, as soon as you go to wot it should turn itself off anyway..

my entire reasoning behind removing it was that my condensor was damaged while on the highway and i didnt feel like spending the money replacing it + i hadnt used the a/c since i bought the car

**wot = wide open throttle

goldEp
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
any pics..? im also thinking of doing this.. not to much for the power gain but to clean the engina bay up...
i live in colorado i dont use the AC. nor use it to defrost the windows.