PDA

View Full Version : jrsc powercard

headaike
08-27-2008, 08:33 PM
hello, I tried seraching, cant find the solution
I recently installed my JRSC-S w/ powercard:mbiggrin:

everything is fine, Green light is on
but as soon as I hit 3000 to 5000 rpm, Boost light doesn't go on.
I do feel the pull from the sc and I get a flashing green light after boost.

help please!

superchargedk20
08-28-2008, 12:51 AM
if ur boostin at 4-5 pounds then its workin. do you have a wideband? if not then I suggest you purchase one.

headaike
08-28-2008, 06:14 AM
if ur boostin at 4-5 pounds then its workin. do you have a wideband? if not then I suggest you purchase one.

no i dont, Im only using the lights on the power card and there is a LED light for boost.
Im trying to look for a wideband. They are a lil pricey

MR.Pizza
08-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Double check your install manual. The powercard leds must flash correctly when the ignition is turned on. If they do not in any way then it is installed incorrectly. In the case that they flash wrong, check over your pin wiring. In the case that it is correctly installed and you still have issue with the boost sensing then you may have a kinked, blocked or incorrectly routed vacuum line. Again check the manual for the correct routing and or verify your hose connections. The vacuum line should be routed directly from your manifold to the powercard. Good luck

mustclime
08-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Also check you vacume line from the motor. With aftermarket headers with out the heat shielding, you can melt the platic tube in a hurry....don't ask me how I know this:mcry: Also check for kinks in the vacume line.

beechstreet
08-28-2008, 07:04 AM
i had the same problem back when i had the card. double checked and rewired all connections and vacuum line and the same thing kept happening. according to my boost gauge i was hitting 5 PSI but the light wouldn't blink on the card. i contacted jackson racing and whoever i talked to there said to ignore the lights on the card as long as the green light came on. another ephatcher told me the same thing as well. dont know if it applies to everyone though...

headaike
08-28-2008, 09:22 AM
thanks for all the replies!
Im going to check the vacuum line and look for a boost gauge!

superchargedk20
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
so ur running the supercharger without a boost gauge or a wideband? no good

headaike
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
im getting one soon! lol!

j0000stin
08-30-2008, 12:52 AM
im not running without a boost gauge or a wideband either haha but then again i just installed it today hahah

vacuum leak FTL

headaike
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I got my Autometer boost gauge installed....my vac is at 20....boost is somewhere around 4psi instead of 5psi...wich is pretty good, I know Gauges are not that accurate.

klik
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Question, ive been running with jrsc's for a while and 2 days ago i check the powercard to see if it was working and if the green light is on. Well everything seems fine till i notice the vaccum line is disconected and the nipple on the powercard is broken, so i dont know how long since i cheked this hehehhe it could have been off for months. now my question is i didnt notice anything wrong and how the car was running, the light is green and everything, can i drive around with the vaccum not connected or is this bad? and been thinking about selling the jrsc's for a while so let me know if your interested, or convince me lol.

slate13530
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
You need that vacuum line connected.

That sends the signal to the card from what I recall.

vbpracer
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is that when the vacuum line is connected, and boost is created, the powercard will read the change and send signal to open up the injectors. Not having that connected, would mean you would run lean.

klik
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks guys, well im takin out he jrsc soon anyways its for sale, so let me know if any1 is interested.

4angrybadgers
04-23-2010, 05:16 AM
The only thing I can think of is that when the vacuum line is connected, and boost is created, the powercard will read the change and send signal to open up the injectors. Not having that connected, would mean you would run lean.

That sounds very likely. Running lean under boost is NOT good.