PDA

View Full Version : Ac

SiiK20
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Ok so I noticed a difference in my AC with 87 and 91 Octane gas. With 91 its been blowing colder and harder. Has anyone else noticed this?

Royal
08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
I use 91 all the time and i switch to 87 once and didn't notice anything really.

that1blackhatch
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok so I noticed a difference in my AC with 87 and 91 Octane gas. With 91 its been blowing colder and harder. Has anyone else noticed this?

i noticed a difference, its just getting better combustion... as for AC at idle, 87 makes it sputter a little bit...

p.s. where are u located in fullerton? i just moved up here from SD

*side note*
also along those same lines, i dunno if its just me, but try driving with ur ac on, then turn it off just by the fan switch. drive a little an feel how the motor runs, then turn ur fan switch back on which will turn the AC on again, but this time acually hit the ac button and turn it off and turn off the fan also, i swear the ac is still "on" even though its not really on... i notice a little drop in idle and power, i think the ac compressor is still engaged (when u just turn off the fan switch without hitting the ac button) to the belt even though its supposed to be off... i dunno if it makes sense, but if u understand what im saying, try it. its wierd...

vbpracer
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Its in your mind, once you start believing you think its actually happening, when in reality its not...

chuck83
08-28-2008, 05:36 PM
could it just be a cooler outside?

4angrybadgers
08-29-2008, 05:04 AM
Its in your mind, once you start believing you think its actually happening, when in reality its not...
:yeahthat: If you have a stock ECU, putting in higher-octane gas does nothing except reduce your bank account. As long as you haven't put in a bad batch of gas, it won't affect your A/C one bit.

SiiK20
08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
i noticed a difference, its just getting better combustion... as for AC at idle, 87 makes it sputter a little bit...

p.s. where are u located in fullerton? i just moved up here from SD

*side note*
also along those same lines, i dunno if its just me, but try driving with ur ac on, then turn it off just by the fan switch. drive a little an feel how the motor runs, then turn ur fan switch back on which will turn the AC on again, but this time acually hit the ac button and turn it off and turn off the fan also, i swear the ac is still "on" even though its not really on... i notice a little drop in idle and power, i think the ac compressor is still engaged (when u just turn off the fan switch without hitting the ac button) to the belt even though its supposed to be off... i dunno if it makes sense, but if u understand what im saying, try it. its wierd...

yeah man i go to CSUF. As for the AC still blowing, Ive been told its merely the air in the A/C lines still pushing out thru your vents. Ive done this before, and if its hot outside, youll notice that it wears off eventually.

Thanks for the input guys. I thought it might be just in my head, just wanted some other opinions on it!