PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the center AC Bezel??

brennaneli
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
hello everyone,

I'm looking to remove the center AC Bezel (the silver dash part around the shift and the cd player). The kid who had the car before me really messed it up. I want to remove it and repaint. If anyone has done this and knows how.. let me know. Thanks to all. Much appreciated.

-Eli

beechstreet
08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
there used to be a great DIY on how to pull it all apart but i cant find it. ill try my best to explain it, its pretty easy.

unscrew the shiftknob from the shifter, than stick your fingers in the rubber boot (it will turn inside out a bit) and grip the inside of the silver dash part and pull out. might want to start at one corner and do it slowly (there are clips holding it on). be careful because it will bend/dent the silver dash part. once popped off, you can slide the boot up over the shifter and pull it out. will have to unplug the hazard light plug. the silver dash part around the cd player/ac controls has the same clips/tabs holding it in, just pull out carefully.

Lincroft What
08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
yea like teambeechstreet said just be careful when popping off the first part around the shift knob.. the clips are delicate.. after that its basically self explanitory.. im not sure because the last time i did it was a while ago but i think you need to pull all the ac knobs off

Honda_boy83
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah its not to hard. Post pics up when you get it repainted :mwink: