PDA

View Full Version : help! tranny's whining and clutch is grinding

benkieboy
08-29-2008, 01:58 PM
i tried searching and i can't really find clear answers. i also need help finding a good and honest shop in socal (818/213/626)

ok here's what's happening:
1st-2nd gear grind
release bearing whine (noise stops when i press the clutch pedal)
and clutch pedal squeak.

i just had my clutch replaced 15kmiles ago. now i have the three problems mentioned above. i tried the gm syncromesh tranny fluid and it didnt help.

i get the grind from 1st to 2nd gear on high rpm. my car whines when i am driving. on idle, it still whines. whenever i push the clutch pedal, it stops whining. now i wanna start whining too.

anyone know of a good transmission shop around socal area that won't rip me off? any ideas on how much i should spend? shall i get a new transmission instead? i am flat broke right now but i don't wanna let things get to worse.

i just want these problems to be solved. i am starting to hate my ep again. oh and i am now on 124kmiles and i dont wanna be forced to get rid of her.

T_Virus
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
i tried searching and i can't really find clear answers. i also need help finding a good and honest shop in socal (818/213/626)

ok here's what's happening:
1st-2nd gear grind
release bearing whine (noise stops when i press the clutch pedal)
and clutch pedal squeak.

i just had my clutch replaced 15kmiles ago. now i have the three problems mentioned above. i tried the gm syncromesh tranny fluid and it didnt help.

i get the grind from 1st to 2nd gear on high rpm. my car whines when i am driving. on idle, it still whines. whenever i push the clutch pedal, it stops whining. now i wanna start whining too.

anyone know of a good transmission shop around socal area that won't rip me off? any ideas on how much i should spend? shall i get a new transmission instead? i am flat broke right now but i don't wanna let things get to worse.

i just want these problems to be solved. i am starting to hate my ep again. oh and i am now on 124kmiles and i dont wanna be forced to get rid of her.

I think I have this too...

r_jones06
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
i took my car to the dealership for that same whirring/whining problem when it was still under warranty and they told me that it was just the gears rolling over in the transmission that I was hearing... my brothers car did the same thing and he replaced a transmission 4 months later. (Coincidence? I think not) Mine started after a 9k+ misshift and i've had problems ever since.

EP3Casas
03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
wat kind of clutch do you have?

[Sip]
03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure I have this myself. It's a pretty typical Honda issue. I don't think it's as bad as yours, but I'm thinking...eventually...replacing transmission is the way to go. v_v

LeeonHart
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I think I have this too.. do you think we need I need to tranny swap or replacing clutch would fix it..?

EP3Casas
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
well if you guys have clutches over stg 4 u need a spacer on the pivot ball inside the trans. that could possibly be the reason for the grinding. but i did notice in my car right b4 my trans got fubard that there was a slight whine. I broke 3 teeth off of second so i would get the issues checked out.

hatch404
03-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I've been having the tranny/clutch whining recently too. Barely step on the clutch and the noise goes away. I'm bone stock. Let us know what you find!

EP3Casas
03-24-2010, 06:58 AM
how many miles do u have on your clutch?

talonXracer
03-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Improper/insufficient grease used on the throwout bearing?

But more than likely there is a clearance issue(excessive) within the trans.

hatch404
03-27-2010, 09:02 PM
how many miles do u have on your clutch?

It's got 160k

EP3Casas
03-28-2010, 11:46 PM
could be time for a new clutch brotha.