PDA

View Full Version : buddy club race header? need some real info on it

RHCP0801
08-29-2008, 02:59 PM
i searched and searched and searched about this race header because i know its been asked a million times. I went back to threads that were posted in 2004 and i still didnt get a good enough answer since everyone seems to say something different.

I have a skunk 2 catback and i want to get the buddy club race header and i know its not direct bolt on but would all i need to get is a type s midpipe and thats it? or will i have to get the type s midpipe and cut off about 3 inches off my axleback exhaust? sorry for the thread, i know how annoying it is to see threads over and over again but i just want the real answer so i dont go wasting $800 on it, thanks

icarus.na
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
i think i read that you'll have a problem bolting it up to the actual block. some screws wouldn't thread or something and the owner omitted some of them to fit...

i don't personally have the BCRH so don't take my word for it. just trying to help...

RHCP0801
08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
yea i read that too but it seems that everyone who owns it has had different problems, bump for more info

jaeguyoon
08-29-2008, 09:31 PM
i think i read that you'll have a problem bolting it up to the actual block. some screws wouldn't thread or something and the owner omitted some of them to fit...

i don't personally have the BCRH so don't take my word for it. just trying to help...

it's actually one hole doesn't line up too good, just take a drill and make the whole a lil bigger should solve it. I haven't fixed mine since I have no leak, but I plan to when I swap k24 block. But yea, if I'm paying that much I expected fitment to be better than my megan raceheader I had before which fit perfect....:mredface:

lldiesel386ll
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
i had no fitment issues when i put on my bcrh on the k24. you will need a type s midpipe and an ep3 axleback for the whole thing to work. if you try and put on a type s axleback the hangers wont work and the whole thing will stick out a good 3 inches. even modded it still kinda pokes out:mtongue:

RHCP0801
08-29-2008, 09:45 PM
so if i just change out the midpipe from the skunk2 i have to a type s midpipe it will work? it will even bolt up to the skunk2 axleback?

RHCP0801
08-29-2008, 09:48 PM
i have the 60mm piping http://thmotorsports.com/skunk2/skunk2-mega-power-exhaust-system/g-50662.aspx

lldiesel386ll
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
that is beyond me :shrug: i modified a type s catback.
i would think the flanges between the type s midpipe and ep3 axleback would be the same, so i assume that should work.
you could always go for broke and buy a ctr cat-back :mcool: i personally wished i got a fujitsubo rmo1-a instead of modifying a powergetter

T_Virus
08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
okay so...let me get this straight...

bcrh (type s) or any type s rh ---> type s midpipe ---> ep specific exhaust --->works

bcrh (type s) or any type s rh ---> type s midpipe ---> type s specific exhaust--->fail

right?

how about:
bcrh (type s) or any type s rh ---> ep midpipe ---> ep specific exhaust --->???

bcrh (type s) or any type s rh ---> ep midpipe ---> type s specific exhaust --->???

lldiesel386ll
08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
top half is right, but i have no experience with using the ep midpipe. maybe someone else can chime in? :shrug:

RHCP0801
08-30-2008, 09:08 AM
i think if we use the ep midpipe its gonna stick out about 3 inches

Onasty
08-07-2010, 01:23 PM
i have the ep sk2 exhaust and bcrh no fitment issues

superchargedk20
08-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I had the BCRH didnt have issues to my apexi n-1 exhaust. The BCRH or the exhaust just needs to be cut a lil caus the BCRH is longer. ^^ Onasty bought my BCRH so it was already pre cut for em

RHCP0801
08-07-2010, 10:00 PM
yeaaaaaaaaaa this is old...i bought an ssr race header a little over a year ago

Onasty
08-08-2010, 01:06 AM
lol didnt even notice...f-in crash

EPSU3
08-08-2010, 08:23 AM
The skunk2 axle back will not bolt up to the type S midpipe, the flanges are different. The Buddy Club header is Type R/Type S fitment thus you need a type S length midpipe. If you buy a Honda oem midpipe the flange is made to fit honda oem axle back. So the easiest cheapest route if you are planning around the header is type S mid and stock axle back.