PDA

View Full Version : just installed my jrsc

j0000stin
08-30-2008, 01:00 AM
and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the whine ahah but the problem is i have a vacuum leak and i havent installed the middle bolt under the charger in the intake inlet. and also the inlet connecting vacuum hose to the water pump snapped off. dont ask me why haha so anyways my idle is at 2k and when i closed the line the idle fluctuates from 1.4 to 1.7. so my question is if i put the bolt in to the inlet will my idle go down to regular since everything is installed properly and all hte lines are installed correctly and the power card is fine

willy_akino
08-30-2008, 01:16 AM
gahhhhh:mmad::mmad: im so jealous...how is it btw? street kit right?...im looking to buy one but looking for the right deal. was it hard to install?

j0000stin
08-30-2008, 02:42 AM
gahhhhh:mmad::mmad: im so jealous...how is it btw? street kit right?...im looking to buy one but looking for the right deal. was it hard to install?

the hardest part was the intake manifold but the trick was to just take out the stud and in all it tool me and a friend 8 hrs from 8-3..and yeah it is the street kit but now it feels like a type s with i/rh/e..i bought my charger from strife and it was...id like to say an easy install and was well worth the time and effort for all the people that talk crap for the kit....SHUDDUP haha its well worth it and the whine is great and it basically makes up for the power the car lacked in the first place but i plan on upgrading pulleys and injectors along with k-pro soon because since i installed it im getting mad power hungry hhaha

MR.Pizza
08-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Cool congrads on the blower, what you describe sounds like a vacuum leak however it could be a dirty IAC valve or you may need to just reset your ecu....
By the way you'll get bored with the street kit in a few weeks and want a smaller pulley, that's just the facts. :mangel:

Hoff
08-30-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm excited to put mine in!

NrGiNnY14
08-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Cool congrads on the blower, what you describe sounds like a vacuum leak however it could be a dirty IAC valve or you may need to just reset your ecu....
By the way you'll get bored with the street kit in a few weeks and want a smaller pulley, that's just the facts. :mangel:

true dat, i upgraded to the race kit 2 months after i put mine on. now im back to stock though :mfrown:

i never put in the lower middle bolt and at first everytime i came to a stop in my car, the idle would be around 2k, then after about 3 seconds it would drop to normal idle. after about 1 week it stopped doing it. i guess the ecu adjusted everthing.

btw good luck man, it feels great i know, but just be prepared to make repairs if needed. a supercharger is go-mod, and all go-mods can turn out for the worst. the shaft that holds the pulley snapped on me 1 day and i was in money troubles, so instead of fixing it i just took it off and sold it. basically just want to let you know that more things are prone to break now. there is more strain on the engine, on the tranny, on the axles. you will go thru your brakes quicker, trust me.

not tryin to burst your bubble, just trying to let you know to be prepared because i wasn't and thats why i'm back to stock. always gotta have money saved to make repairs if needed

have fun

jerseyjew
08-30-2008, 08:28 AM
All the bolts really need to be in. The easiest way to get that middle bolt in is to have it already positioned through the charger and held in place with tape. Then after you mount the charger itself, you can start the bolt with your fingers. Not only is it going to cause the car to run like crap, you are putting a large amount of stress on the other bolts and the head. The charger is very heavy and needs all the mounting help it can get!

clutch797
08-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I wanted to s/c my a1 but turbo is always the better bet for power. Have fun with it. I loved my s/c a3 race kit.

vbpracer
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes definately put the bolt in. As much as everyone says you will get bored quick, mine has been on for a year and still not reallyt bored, eventhough I am going to upgrade now. At least as long as hurricane gustav doesnt destroy everything over here.

Enjoy man!

headaike
08-30-2008, 04:50 PM
congrats fellow jrsc-s, just installed mine a few days ago by myself...took me 10-12 hours:mcry: I had to clean the charger and that bottom middle bolt also gave me trouble but I was able to bolt it on by pushing the radiator forward and squeezing my hand underneat the charger!
Also the stock bottom right corner bolt for the stock IM was a pain in the ass to remove, none of my tools would fit. I almost strip the bolt and took me 2 hours to remove it. I almost gave up but I hunger for power!
getting bored w/ the street kit already:mwink:
I have the race upgrades, I just need kpro:mtongue:

I had no issues at all, just the Boost light on the powercard....doesnt light up:mtongue: check the vacuum hose that goes to the powercard, wires and everything and I still can't figure it out!

beechstreet
08-30-2008, 05:21 PM
2 years and 46000 miles later and I havent had a single prob with my JRSC except a belt slipping. the street kit is fun but just wait till you upgrade to race and get a tune...

makavelibranded
08-30-2008, 05:32 PM
the hardest part was the intake manifold but the trick was to just take out the stud and in all it tool me and a friend 8 hrs from 8-3..and yeah it is the street kit but now it feels like a type s with i/rh/e..i bought my charger from strife and it was...id like to say an easy install and was well worth the time and effort for all the people that talk crap for the kit....SHUDDUP haha its well worth it and the whine is great and it basically makes up for the power the car lacked in the first place but i plan on upgrading pulleys and injectors along with k-pro soon because since i installed it im getting mad power hungry hhaha

It doesint make huge power, but its not a bad kit at all. Just brings even more fun to a great car.

any vids? ive never seen a video of a street kit

superchargedk20
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM
had my street kit over a year still no probs

Code99Kid
08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Just make sure when you installed it you put Loctite on the inner bolt in the manifold. I think after EPBenny's experience with that bolt flying out of the top of his SC, I think I will just make sure everyone put Loctite on it.

SC are great, I like the power, very fun when you go riding on the twisties.

jeffgeezer
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
about the vacuum leak, check the gasket on the inlet where the throttle body attaches too. make sure it goes the right way. and yes, the manifold has to be lined up pretty good and torqued well. anyways, congrats!

Teejay
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
put the middle bolt on. i had problems with my kit. idle and first gear take off before i installed the middle bolt. also did you put a new throttle body gasket and install it the right way?

skoolnu
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice job dude... but please, get that bolt in! I started with the street kit last year, i picked it up new for 1000. i couldnt pass such a deal. The street kit is decent, but this year i upgraded to run 10lbs. Now its getting fun.