PDA

View Full Version : Got tuned but now i'm my knock sensor is going nuts.

k20a2ep3
08-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Well I got tuned at Churches Automotive down by Torrence, CA.

215.8 hp
156.3 trq

k20a2
kpro
DCRH
Greddy Sp2 Exhaust
SRI

I got it tuned at a WAY lower elevation. about 30 feet above sea lvl. And where I live (military) is about 2800 feet above sea lvl. Once I got back up here it started flashing like CRAZY. It still pulls harder then it did, but with the knock sensor going nuts, and everytime it flashes I can hear like a spark/igniting sound coming from the motor it scares the shit out of me. I went ahead and put my old map back on there. DCRH Dyno Tuned map. Now it barely flashes compaired to the tune.

Now is there any way I could adjust some of the settings for a higher elevation? I know that it's the problem, but I just don't know how to fix it. Thanks.

Civic5lug
08-30-2008, 08:00 AM
take some datalogs and post em up with your kal

k20a2ep3
08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
The first one is me driving for a bit and kinda getting on it every now and then. And the second one is me going through some gears. 91 Octane. At the time of the tune i didn't use octane booster. I started using it and I notice the knocks went down ALOT. They are no where near what they used to be. So maybe since the tune I just need to use some better grade fuel but there is no way because of where im located in Cali. 29 Palms, CA near Palm Springs if anyone is around there. Shitty gas. I always use Chevron 91 so.

Well for some reason the kdl files arent showing to let me upload. here is the tune. i'm gonna keep trying.

talonXracer
08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
You may just need to street tune. keep trying on that datalog

Civic5lug
08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
:popcorn:

k20a2ep3
08-30-2008, 11:28 AM
ok i got the datalogs. i had to move them to the desktop to get find them. some odd reason it wouldnt load them in the kmanager folder. i'm on a mobile broadband internet so bare with me =D.

Ok i've been trying to upload, but it just wont let me so. Basically. When I drove the car back from getting tuned and started flashing once i got up here to the higher elevation. Well. I just recently put octane booster in my car. Lucas product one. 1 knock was registered while I was datalogging. Going through the gears and all.

So I refilled up and put octane booster in again. 6 knocks after driving around for about an hour on a full tank with octane booster.

So i'm assuming the higher elevation and 91 octane gas is having an effect on the tune. So I guess I need to find somewhere that has 93 octane. I'm from New Jersey so I know I will have it when I get out there, but out here I guess I should just juse octane booster? Isn't it bad to continue using it alot?

Thanks.

Civic5lug
08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
As Doug said, sounds like you just need to street tune the a/f a bit.

Slip_Angle
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Unless you want to forever be buying Octane booster, you need to tune out the knocks.

For us to really help, you need to upload datalogs. Are the knocks happening at full throttle, part throttle or both?

Do you know what columns were adjusted by the tuner? I ask because it's possible he only tuned columns 8/9 because the air pressure. Now, at a higher elevation you may be in columns 9/10 and 10 was not tuned...

k20a2ep3
09-01-2008, 08:57 AM
I will have the datalogs uploaded today. I can't upload them because of the internet i'm using. Sprint Mobile Broadband. So once the Time Warner Cable guy comes over and hooks my intranet i'll be able to show you all.

Thanks