PDA

View Full Version : Need good places to tap into switched power, and where to run wires into engine bay

liquid cooled
08-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey guys im hopefully getting my EDFC later on today and i need a place to tap into the switched power (at least i think if not its still good thing to know). Im planning on mounting the box in the little cubby hole that is to the lower left of the steering wheels.

What is around there to tap into switched power, also is there anywhere good around there to tap into and get constant power.

Further, where is a good grommet to run the wires into the engine bay at?

Also i want to make sure that it is fused so I can protect my EDFC

liquid cooled
08-30-2008, 03:57 PM
BTT: doing this right now could use some help

Chad
08-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, how much current do you need there for that unit?

I have a Ham radio in my car and for switched power I ran a 10GA fused from the battery at 20A along my amp power wire that comes in the car inthe stock foglight hole/gromet. I then tapped off of the Accessory plug fuse to trigger a relay that turns that line on and off, that will give you 20A + some surge of VERY clean power. If you plan on more switched accessories I feel that this is the ONLY way to go.

liquid cooled
08-30-2008, 05:48 PM
^ it has a 5 amp fuse and doesnt use jack for power, i just tapped into my head unit wiring for power, illumination, intermediate power etc. No problems checked it out with the motors turning and the head unit blaring.

Ive got it all wired up and working now, have to finish it tommorow, its actually a pretty technical install.