PDA

View Full Version : Its like my car is on Riddlin

kenis138
11-27-2002, 07:47 AM
Anyone who has I/H/E will know what I mean. Remember when you first got yer EP and the thing was bouncin off the walls. The revs would shoot up while you stood still, and first gear was virtually non-existent. I have found that the I/H/E has taken away my car's hyperactivity and has caused it to "focus" on the task at hand. Slower revs, but lots more power, love it. I actually have a useable first gear now! I have been a completely stock guy up until this car and I am so glad I hooked this car up

JEDI-SI
11-27-2002, 08:26 AM
What do you have done to your car?....what brands.....?

JSIR
11-27-2002, 09:59 AM
those mods really pick things up from 3000 rpms to redline, top end gains are the largest. Bottom end can still be equal to stock if you do it right. Creates a nice balance. My revs seem to climb faster now though, and definitely more power as seen on my dyno chart.

kenis138
11-27-2002, 10:36 AM
I have AEM CAI, DC Header, and custom 2.25 midpipe. From what Ive heard, this particular setup tends to favor the lower end a bit more than say an Injen with HP header. Either way, its like a different car.

tkm
12-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by kenis138
Anyone who has I/H/E will know what I mean. Remember when you first got yer EP and the thing was bouncin off the walls. The revs would shoot up while you stood still, and first gear was virtually non-existent. I have found that the I/H/E has taken away my car's hyperactivity and has caused it to "focus" on the task at hand. Slower revs, but lots more power, love it. I actually have a useable first gear now! I have been a completely stock guy up until this car and I am so glad I hooked this car up

huh? You're talking in circles.

-How can it rev slower but have more power?
-How would the revs shoot up while you stand still.
-And how can first gear be more usable now? Less torque now that you have the mods, or would your car just not move in first gear?

What you just said makes no sense at all.

[Scratches head]

kenis138
12-04-2002, 07:05 AM
On a stock EP, first gear is terrible. Its so short and it shoots up to 5-6 k while yer doing like 10 mph. (not using exact #'s here, so PLEASE dont get on my case and say"actually, you do 15mph at 4k", dont care, Im talking principle) I used to hate first and 2nd gears and try to escape them as quickly as possible to get to the almighty Honda 3rd gear. Now, 1st-3rd are all a blast. It feels as if first gear now bites down on the car and says "lets go". I dunno, I could be wrong about the speed the revs actually shoot up at, I was just talking in terms of feel. Sorry for talking in circles, but now to really confuse you.........

Take this statement at face value: "Everything I say is a lie."

Omigod, sit down before yer head explodes!! ;)

All good, just bustin balls.

Gibhunter
12-04-2002, 07:44 AM
Look, if you look at the way cars work. You have engine making power and transmission (gears kind of like in a bicycle). Any given RPM will always give you the same speed, no matter how much power you make. So if a car will go 60mph in second when stock, it will do the same 60mph even when you add Turbo. It will just get there faster. By getting there faster, I mean the revs will climb up much faster.

What you said in your first post, was completely opposite of what is supposed to happen after you add mods. If anything, the car should get more twichy (sp?) in first and second and the revs will climb faster. Still, at any given speed, you RPM will be exactly the same as it was before you added I/H/E. The only way for it to change is if you change you gearing and/or yout tire and wheel size to one with bigger or smaller circumference (which will also throw off your speedometer).

kenis138
12-04-2002, 10:46 AM
ok, retract first post, i guess i was simply talking in terms of feel.