PDA

View Full Version : Headlight moisture

Twisted-X
08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
My passenger side headlight seems to have moisture trapped in it. Twice now I've taken out the low beam bulb socket to allow it to "air dry" but after a couple of days the moisture is back again. There's little water droplets hanging off the back side of the clear plastic. I have never removed the headlights or the nose, so I'm not sure whats broken. Any help?

Passenger
08-30-2008, 02:30 PM
well there's projectors, depo black housing, jdm silver looking housing..

Zeth
08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
i have depo black housing and they tend to fog in the evening/night but it goes away pretty quick after I turn my lights on.... doesn't bother me.

Tnhatch03
08-30-2008, 02:51 PM
mine has moisture as well, but my car is the ultimate sleeper.

i will get new headlights one day.

jaeguyoon
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
someone told me to just put one of those silicon bag thing u see in food and etc in the headlight housing and it should go away.

Twisted-X
08-30-2008, 05:06 PM
someone told me to just put one of those silicon bag thing u see in food and etc in the headlight housing and it should go away.

Hmm. Thanks Jaeguyoon, I didn't think about that. You're talking about the desiccant bags, right? The only problem would be trying to get them out later, maybe tie a string to them...

I've got the stock '04-'05 USDM bug eyes in the front. I've never had them out so I have to ask, how is the clear plastic attached to the housing? Is it something that can randomly (IE no car accident) start leaking? TIA

2005rollingegg
08-30-2008, 08:34 PM

I think those are silica bags. What my friends do is pull off the headlight and just blow dry them in the sun for 15 mins.

043door
08-30-2008, 10:58 PM
i am getting the same problem but i painted the inside of my headlights black. i sealed them three times due to the moisture it drives me insane. its a pain in the ass to put them in the oven and what not. it only really happens at night when i just get a car wash. im thinking of getting some projectors off ebay. good luck man.