PDA

View Full Version : Poppin the SI's cherry

redronin22
11-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Man just wanted to know how you guys felt the first time your SI was damaged. Obviously horrible but i just wanna know so i can get on with things. Im so depressed man! A friggin tree branch fell on my car a monday leaving a dent the size of a dime an another hairline dent. Estimated cost is 475 to refinish and repaint the upper rear driverside quarter panel. This is why owning a new car sucks. No matter how far away you park your car some ass will either ding it or an act of god will mar the finish. Glad i didnt get a more expensive car or else id probably be crying. 475 almost = headers and CAI. =-(

hacim
11-27-2002, 08:44 AM
It sucks to hear that man. I have had my Si for almost 6 months and I havnt gotten any door dings or scratches and I dont have a garage. My wife gets pissed with the fact that I park so damn far away from the stores.

I did come out to my car yesterday morning to find that someone had egged my Si, my wifes 02 V40 and our house. I was like WTF, I dont have any enemys. My neighbor saw the whole thing and I am looking for the guy now.

r3p00c
11-27-2002, 08:55 AM
I haven't gotten any damage to my EP yet... but this thread does spark a memory of one time I was driving down the highway in my 94 jetta I had owned for a week or so and a sheet of ice flew off the top of a minivan in front of me... broke my grill into 3 pieces. :mad:

66elwood99
11-27-2002, 09:19 AM
I take all the precautions that one can take, Nose mask, park on end away from everyone else, but while at a Penguin Hockey game with the wife and her vehicle, my son's A*%hole buddy backed into the front corner, this was about a month ago and that kid still hasn't showed up at the house. I got a check from the insurance and I'm waiting for a decent Kit to come available.
Can't see Dr. Designs Kit in any of the pictures he has posted, any suggestions ;)

greenguy
11-27-2002, 10:41 AM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1201

you can read the exploits of what happend the first week of ownership when my alarm was installed. Looks perfect now!

1 fstr si
11-27-2002, 08:25 PM
dude, two days after i got my Si i noticed a dime sized dent just above i-vtec sticker it absolutely bugs the shit outta me. so, ur not the only one.

DJ Catchem
11-28-2002, 08:51 AM
I had my car 4 days, and one of the local punks decided it would be fun to key every car on the street. I came up to a sunny morning and a scratch through the primer all the way across the passenger side door.

Could've cried.

--->DJ

Since then it's been garaged, and we've spent several nights on nthe porch with paintball guns waiting for the kid to come back at my roommate's Saab turbo...=)

CgSi
11-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si
dude, two days after i got my Si i noticed a dime sized dent just above i-vtec sticker it absolutely bugs the shit outta me. so, ur not the only one.

Rub some dry ice on it and see if it helps any

CgSi
11-28-2002, 09:02 AM
10 days after I got it some SUV opened it's door and hit my drivers side (The side I get to see all the time !) and dented the rear panel like this "/" right on the bodyline that goes like this "-"

and the car is black :'(

tried to pop it out myself from the inside with no luck.

ep pilot
11-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by CgSi
10 days after I got it some SUV opened it's door and hit my drivers side (The side I get to see all the time !) and dented the rear panel like this "/" right on the bodyline that goes like this "-"

and the car is black :'(

tried to pop it out myself from the inside with no luck.

It's reasons like this that I keep a left over bottle of VW tornado red touch up in my G-box, just a little shake-shake then drive away and that new dent is a little easier to swallow.:angel:

-Ryan